Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
Less likely than you justifying #LunaticTinge racism then?

These tortuous little jibes about some perceived racism you think me guilty of just mark you out as a proper cunt, so stop fucking talking to me, referring to me or trying to engage with me. I can't be any clearer than that without seeing you face to face, which you had sincerely better hope never happens.

These tortuous little jibes about some perceived racism you think me guilty of just mark you out as a proper cunt, so stop fucking talking to me, referring to me or trying to engage with me. I can't be any clearer than that without seeing you face to face, which you had sincerely better hope never happens.

Good threats :eek:

I know at least four of those - some of my fellow trainee teachers expressed their frustration with the process the other day, and clearly imagined me being friends with them meant us having exactly the same politics.

So when one trotted out the "you should have to take an exam to prove you're fit to vote" line, I explained I'd voted to leave from a left-wing anti-EU perspective, and having no way to make sense of their prejudices being challenged in this way, the four of them essentially started listing landmarks and holiday destinations, equating in their panic The EU for the continent of Europe.

Lol.

I know at least four of those - some of my fellow trainee teachers expressed their frustration with the process the other day, and clearly imagined me being friends with them meant us having exactly the same politics.

So when one trotted out the "you should have to take an exam to prove you're fit to vote" line, I explained I'd voted to leave from a left-wing anti-EU perspective, and having no way to make sense of their prejudices being challenged in this way, the four of them essentially started listing landmarks and holiday destinations, equating in their panic The EU for the continent of Europe.

Lol.

I'm Remainy McRemain on here but when I talk about Brexit with people in the real world, I as often as not find myself arguing that there are plenty of perfectly good reasons why principled anti-capitalists refused to vote for staying in the EU.

Last edited:
I'm Remainy McRemain on here but when I talk about Brexit with people in the real world, I as often as not finding myself arguing that there are plenty of perfectly good reasons why principled anti-capitalists refused to vote for staying in the EU.
Likewise, I can see cogent arguments for remaining, which is why on the day of reckoning I wasn't at the polling station at 7 am sharp with my St George's flag pen and faded "Up yours Delors" t-shirt to put a big cross next to Leave. I thought about it more than any other vote I've ever made, and in the end I just answered the question, irrespective of any outside stuff.

Zahawi on the radio earlier saying this week he could not in conscience go back to his constituency and ask for an extension that would involve taking part in EU elections and that it was therefore MPs getting behind the deal or "melt-down"-and the PM,he said felt the same way. So melt-down it is then.

Zahawi on the radio earlier saying this week he could not in conscience go back to his constituency and ask for an extension that would involve taking part in EU elections and that it was therefore MPs getting behind the deal or "melt-down"-and the PM,he said felt the same way. So melt-down it is then.

Conscience, good one.

Tory MP Nadhim Zahawi 'closely linked to two tax-haven-based companies'

Minister faces pressure over men-only event as May voices disapproval

Impressive ratio on this tweet!

View attachment 165317

I went to my MP's surgery yesterday in an attempt to have my miniscule amount of say. Anyway when I said I was marching (mainly out of ambivalent frustration and my team aren't playing anyway) she said she would be on the march too.
She is a Labour MP, so will maybe get into trouble with some Labour whip cracking and judgemental roustabouts.

I'm generally not into internet spats. However... Here's what'll happen. Brexit'll happen (no-deal) on the 29th. It'll hurt the vast majority of the UK's citizens. Right wing power will entrench (sorry...no space for the left to rise...the tabloids'll take care of that). And you'll still be bleating here with your academically referenced bollocks. To about 10 people who agree with you.

"Academically referenced"? I'm surprised to hear anti-intellectual comments from you, especially about someone who's an auto-didact.

I'm generally not into internet spats. However... Here's what'll happen. Brexit'll happen (no-deal) on the 29th. It'll hurt the vast majority of the UK's citizens. Right wing power will entrench (sorry...no space for the left to rise...the tabloids'll take care of that). And you'll still be bleating here with your academically referenced bollocks. To about 10 people who agree with you.
how's your brexit will happen (no deal) on the 29th looking now?

"Academically referenced"? I'm surprised to hear anti-intellectual comments from you, especially about someone who's an auto-didact.
Problem is I really don’t have anything to back it up with other than a Star Wars ‘I’ve got a bad feeling about this’ type feeling and the Tories terrible record. It’s a bit like it coming out a few years back that in the 80’s they were prepared to let Liverpool (I’m from Moreton on the Wirral) go into a state of ‘managed decline ‘. Didn’t come out until years later. I can’t be arsed getting too in-depth on this forum (but I’ve learned a fair bit from it over the years) because I agreed with most of what’s posted. It was just a ‘bugger off’ type retort! I do still believe that the JRM’s of the Tory party are in for the money purely though. And yeah I still have this unprovable feeling that it’s all a pantomime to run the clock down.

I’ll pay my bet (presumably to the server fund)...on the 29th if I’m wrong. I still maintain it’ll be a no deal though and I still think that’s being done intentionally.
well, being as the choice seems to be between an undone deal (one yet to be put together), no deal or no brexit, my money remains as it has for months on no brexit.

Back
Top Bottom