Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Brexit actually going to happen?

Will we have a brexit?

• Total voters
Believe you me if it had been in the slightest intended as a put down I wouldn't have made it subtle as I've no confidence in your ability to comprehend

giphy.gif

Reactions: CRI
You'd have to be some kind of denialist loonspud to not see the connection between these Ireland-originating explosive devices and the current risk to the peace treaty, what planet are you people on??

I don't see why it should be controversial - whichever side of the brexit debate you find yourself on - to state that at the very least this government's actions put the GFA and the relative peace that rests upon it at risk.

I'd say if you wanted to pin them down the best one to go for is that the UK government is supposed to remain impartial and that can't be the case when their majority depends on confidence and supply agreement from the DUP.

Also think it would be strange to argue that the prospect of a hard border in Ireland will be seen as a provocation by some.

Then we've got whatserface saying none of the state killings in NI were crimes.

We might find out the packages were completely unrelated to brexit but I don't think it's too much of a leap to speculate that they might have been.

You'd have to be some kind of denialist loonspud to not see the connection between these Ireland-originating explosive devices and the current risk to the peace treaty, what planet are you people on??

I see a potential connection, but I see a good dozen potential other motivations - and most importantly, while the three devices in the London area have been 'viable', there's a significant difference between a 'viable' device that sets light to an envelope and a bomb - that difference is in both capability and intention.

Threat is the mix of both intention and capability.

Am I interested? Yes, of course.

I note however that the more hysterical reactions come from the more animated end of the remainer spectrum, with their conclusions being the tired tropes that brexit should be cancelled because of insert new scare story here.

It would, of course, be illustrative to imagine their reaction if the situation were to be reversed: if remain had won the referendum, and three years later some leave obsessed loon was letting off low grade incilindries in protest, I somehow doubt that they'd be posting that despite the referendum result, the UK should leave the EU in order to placate a handful of deranged cunts.

Transparent. Utterly transparent...

You may see more animated reactions from remainers because leavers use confirmation bias to downplay the possibility of their choice causing this. Just saying.

Reactions: CRI
Um, no. I cited 3 incidents over the past 48 hours where improvised explosive devices were found in England and Scotland, originating in Ireland and thought to be connected by the police. I can't recall anything similar happening for at least a decade, probably more. Funny it should be happening right now, dontcha think?

Rather a lot of politicians, academics, historians, and ordinary folks have suggested that the UK Government's failure to uphold its commitments in the Good Friday Agreement with regard to the Border just might run a risk of reopening violent conflict and/or cause serious hardship for Ireland, North and South.

Brexit Could Reawaken Northern Ireland’s Troubles - The Atlantic
Stark no-deal Brexit warning from NI Civil Service head
Northern Ireland must come first, no matter what else is in the Brexit deal
Transport group warns of no-deal Brexit threat to trade
With Troubles in mind, Irish concern grows over British stance on border | Reuters

And this clown, ffs.

Karen Bradley apologises for remarks on Troubles killings

So, tell me then why these are just random incidents, totally unconnected with the UK government's fuckwittery over "Brexit?"

Fruitloopery of the highest order.

Someone is pissed off about a deal which has not been done and may well not be done and even if it is done no one knows what it looks like. So they send some bombs to a train station, airports and educational facility and RBS (did they? Not closely following this non-story). That’s your theory. That is what you think this is about.

Clue #1: how on earth would this affect the Brexit outcome?

Clue #2: Irish dissidents either send a warning or they don’t, either way their bombs are a little more sophisticated than a pack of Swan Vestas with an alarm click timer.

There is no peace treaty, your saying that shows how ignorant of this you are

Fruitloopery of the highest order.

Someone is pissed off about a deal which has not been done and may well not be done and even if it is done no one knows what it looks like. So they send some bombs to a train station, airports and educational facility and RBS (did they? Not closely following this non-story). That’s your theory. That is what you think this is about.

Clue #1: how on earth would this affect the Brexit outcome?

Clue #2: Irish dissidents either send a warning or they don’t, either way their bombs are a little more sophisticated than a pack of Swan Vestas with an alarm click timer.
It's not as if a car bomb has gone off or anything, eh.

It was you who has attempted to claim a car bombing to advance your own political agenda. You need help.
lol you're furious eh.

Dissing the concept of it being dissidents as 'fruitloopery of the highest order' and I led you into showing that you weren't even aware of (or didn't even remember) the actual car bomb 6 weeks ago.

'scum' 'sick cunt' 'political agenda' 'need help'

Look at you having a sweary tantrum. Bless.

lol you're furious eh.

Dissing the concept of it being dissidents as 'fruitloopery of the highest order' and I led you into showing that you weren't even aware of (or didn't even remember) the actual car bomb 6 weeks ago.

'scum' 'sick cunt' 'political agenda' 'need help'

Look at you having a sweary tantrum. Bless.

Jesus.

What about all the Brexit mouthbrething phonein nutjobs, threatening violence. Should we Shit our pants and change policy to accommodate them as well?

Back
Top Bottom