Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

in case deep-fried pizza and deep-fried mars bars just don't fill you up...

deep fried mars bars are fuckin awesome, next time i'm north of the border i want to try haggis fritters :cool:

I
I had haggis pakora a few weeks ago. Surprisingly nice. :)
I've never seen pakora in London. Think of it as a (indo)scottish thing, fits all the criteria.

Banana fritters were the one food I could make as a child. Often we didn't have banana. Fritter fritters.

Had mushroom fritters and onion rings to go with my pie from the chipper last night. Nice change from chips! :)

this thread might just inspire me to try some DIY haggis fritters in irn bru batter :hmm:

Not sure 'inspire', 'haggis fritters' and 'irn bru batter' belong in the same sentence together... Let us know how you get on.

I lived in Glasgow once (once is enough).

Me and my mate lushed after deep fried bananas. They were called 'banana fritters' but oh my... Then we met some girls from Edinburgh. There was alot going for that posh lifestyle. Fritters weren't so much a highlight after that.
Banana fritters (and pineapple fritters) are available at just about every single Chinese takeaway everywhere. Not Scottish at all!

Mines is from a shop not some deep fried monstrosity.

images

Doner pizzas weren't deep fried - there were loads of little Italian takeaway pizza places with little ovens, and they'd make you little pizzas to takeaway right there and then, and some also had kebab spits, and you know why not have a pizza with doner meat on it? Why not indeed?

Doner pizzas weren't deep fried - there were loads of little Italian takeaway pizza places with little ovens, and they'd make you little pizzas to takeaway right there and then, and some also had kebab spits, and you know why not have a pizza with doner meat on it? Why not indeed?

Those pizza/kebab places are common here. I'll try a kebabpizza in the new year in honour of this thread.

A few nights ago I bought a 13inch spicy chicken all for myself :cool:

You want both chicken and regular doner for maximum drunken pizza goodness, :cool:

Back
Top Bottom