Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sssh don't tell England but we have it better up here

I made the mistake of taking of a layer of clothing and not wearing my hat at the weekend. I was freezing cold watching the children play in the sea. (I am a bit like a tender plant, I need to harden off before taking of any layers yet whereas the Scottish children, my grandchildren included think that any glimpse of the sun is an indication that its time to get out the paddling pool or go in the sea, the North Sea mind!)

I made the mistake of taking of a layer of clothing and not wearing my hat at the weekend. I was freezing cold watching the children play in the sea. (I am a bit like a tender plant, I need to harden off before taking of any layers yet whereas the Scottish children, my grandchildren included think that any glimpse of the sun is an indication that its time to get out the paddling pool or go in the sea, the North Sea mind!)
Ah just get in there! We used to swim in it in Nairn every year. Give it 5 mins after the initial shock to get used to it and it's fine. We would always be burnt to a crisp as well, I think maybe the suncream wasn't waterproof back then? Or we just had none on.

Is it true that they like people with rare blood groups? I swear I can wander over a moor relatively untroubled and they'll positively swarm around her.

They love me too. And not just midges -- any bloody fly-y bitey insect. :( (I'll count Madame Voley out too, yeah?)
Yep. Plus she reacts really badly to the bites. A horsefly bite once made her whole upper arm swell up.

• Sad
Reactions: Sue
Inverness is about 150 miles north of Edinburgh so yeah, pretty far from Cornwall...
I knew Scotland, that was far enough, I prefer to keep the safe side of the Tamar. Thar be Dragons, also no pasties

Back
Top Bottom