Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sssh don't tell England but we have it better up here

Yep. Plus she reacts really badly to the bites. A horsefly bite once made her whole upper arm swell up
you put vinegar on midge bites, got told that yrs ago in Dumfriesshire, mr snake also gets swollen arms from midgies, they don't like my blood :D Before you go anywhere with midges you eat lots of smelly garlic or take capsules that seems to work as a deterent for many folks

Did you know that certain insects are attracted to certain blood types. I have that blood type (O+) and this explains why I've been out with people and have been a magnet to them while they got left alone.

They also like alcohol so if you like a drink expect them, they are coming for you:D

Agreed though package pasties are marginally better. Corniche ain't stupid shipping all the Ginsters ones out of the county...part of some long game in independence most likely
No idea what this means, I have exported a number of pasties to a nearby country when visiting tho. I probably owe tax or something.

Did you know that certain insects are attracted to certain blood types. I have that blood type (O+) and this explains why I've been out with people and have been a magnet to them while they got left alone.

They also like alcohol so if you like a drink expect them, they are coming for you:D
Blood type hopeless, as I calls it

:D
I'm O+ too and trust me they don't like me, it's not that simple :D I got maybe 3/4 bites. Did you know it's the pregnant female midge that bites, not that mr snake did a heap of research after we'd been ot Dumfriesshire, nope!

Living in Scotland it’s well known that vitamin D deficiency is a problem. To quote the NHS Scotland website:

“Our main source of vitamin D is sunlight. In Scotland, we only get enough of the right kind of sunlight for our bodies to make vitamin D between April and September, mostly between 11am and 3pm.

From October to March, we need to get vitamin D from our food and supplements. Since vitamin D is found only in a small number of foods, it might be difficult to get enough from food alone.”

My GPs over the years have advised vitamin D supplements year-round.

However, given the history of the pandemic over the last few years, and access to sunlight, it would not be surprising if vitamin D deficiency in Scotland had risen since 2020.

I’m no fan of the SNP, but it’s not something I’d be rushing to blame them for.

The rat problem in Glasgow is another thing.

Not according to Penny Mordaunt (the Tory twat).

Maybe she might want to correlate the resurgence of certain "Victorian" diseases in Scotland and indeed other parts of the UK with the "reforms"/changes/privatisations/large-scale closures and rise in poverty kicked-off by certain previous governments and just which party might have been behind them..?

It's beautiful up here at the minute. Wild, stormy days and then suddenly bright warm sunshine in massive clear skies. I've spent more time at the beach in the past fortnight than I did all summer.

Meanwhile my mum has just got back home to Sussex after visiting here and everything's grey and rainy and shit and half the neighbouring village is underwater :thumbs:

It's beautiful up here at the minute. Wild, stormy days and then suddenly bright warm sunshine in massive clear skies. I've spent more time at the beach in the past fortnight than I did all summer.

Meanwhile my mum has just got back home to Sussex after visiting here and everything's grey and rainy and shit and half the neighbouring village is underwater :thumbs:
It's rainy, grey, and shit here yet again. We're off to Lincolnshire for a few days to get away from it. I love the beauty of Scotland, after a year living here I'm appreciating it more. But I don't want to live here anymore.

We're making plans to leave, probably next year.

It's rainy, grey, and shit here yet again. We're off to Lincolnshire for a few days to get away from it. I love the beauty of Scotland, after a year living here I'm appreciating it more. But I don't want to live here anymore.

We're making plans to leave, probably next year.
A lot of the rain that hits the mainland seems to miss us up here, and the climate's much milder too.

A lot of the rain that hits the mainland seems to miss us up here, and the climate's much milder too.
I think a large part of our problem is that we’ve lived in Iberia for 17 years. Even though we’re in the family house my wife finds it uncomfortable here. We’ve just not got used to it. And we really miss our Andalucian lifestyle. But Scotland is beautiful, and that part we love. Then we chat to friends in Jerez and elsewhere who are sitting in 25C warmth enjoying the tapas and wine while we’re stuck indoors in the cold.

I think a large part of our problem is that we’ve lived in Iberia for 17 years. Even though we’re in the family house my wife finds it uncomfortable here. We’ve just not got used to it. And we really miss our Andalucian lifestyle. But Scotland is beautiful, and that part we love. Then we chat to friends in Jerez and elsewhere who are sitting in 25C warmth enjoying the tapas and wine while we’re stuck indoors in the cold.

Get that. Would find it hard to move back to Ireland, despite missing family/friends and the sheer beauty... but the cold ... not that it doesnt get cold here in winter but it doesnt seem to last forever...

Rarely gets properly cold here either, winter average temps are only about 10 degrees lower than summer. Benefit of being surrounded by the sea.

Rarely gets properly cold here either, winter average temps are only about 10 degrees lower than summer. Benefit of being surrounded by the sea.
Same in cornwall, makes moving anywhere else seem worse somehow lol. I did have to finally close the windows today.

Not sure it does. They love my A type blood.

Plenty hot enough for me ta.

Aye. The best weather for getting out and about is a crisp, bright, winter morning. Hot weather is for holidays and cricket, not for living and working in. It's no coincidence that pretty much every country in the world where the mercury routinely tops 30 degrees, have Mickey Mouse economies ;)

Aye. The best weather for getting out and about is a crisp, bright, winter morning. Hot weather is for holidays and cricket, not for living and working in. It's no coincidence that pretty much every country in the world where the mercury routinely tops 30 degrees, have Mickey Mouse economies ;)
I agree... Scotland average doesn't get above 20!

Another good thing is cheaper higher education for most kids. People i know bought a little flat so that their kids could live there and get less debt

Back
Top Bottom