Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sssh don't tell England but we have it better up here

I'm staying just outside Montrose this week. I rather like it - dunes, beach, peaceful sleepy town, all very spacious, lots of green space and not many people. Ok the main street is depressing as fuck, but, like so many places, could be amazing with a bit of wealth added.

Also been to Arbroath, Edzell, Stonehaven. Much as UnderOpenSky says, it all feels quite eerie from an English perspective - not many cars, not many people, but surprisingly grand buildings and infrastructure dotted about.. Lunan beach was absolutely stunning today, . I'm not sure I could live here but it's a great place to visit.
I live near Arbroath, I could have been your guide :)

This is definitely a contrarian position
A friend of mine who was Montrose born moved to Whitfield Dundee yrs ago (late 80s) for a less stressful life. Every Montrose person I know doesn't live there, this is my experience, yours may vary :) Also way too many yoons :(

Brechin is home to one of my favourite shops at the top of the steepest High Street in the UK according to Jen, the shop owner, Sunrise is well worth a visit if you are ever in Brechin :)

A year on from my original post and yes still love it but have to confess that today feels more like November than June. Its bloody cold.

Still am impressed by the friendliness of the Scots I meet. Maybe its country folk, but there is time for a chat and they often go out of their way to help. (Drive like maniacs though)

A year on from my original post and yes still love it but have to confess that today feels more like November than June. Its bloody cold.

Still am impressed by the friendliness of the Scots I meet. Maybe its country folk, but there is time for a chat and they often go out of their way to help. (Drive like maniacs though)

There has been snow on the Cairngorm plateau the last two mornings and yes, it sis get a wee bit chilly with me last night.

Back
Top Bottom