Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I've just asked for a 'Super Porkie Single Supper'

What's a red pudding, iona? (Assuming you’ve made it that far down the menu
:))

Red puddings are one of the great lost foods of Scotland!

Since Lawsons of Dyce, who made by far the best of them, went belly-up in 2002, I have only ever encountered one worthy of the name. :(

Most you find these days are like a big flabby/tasteless sausage - A proper one should have quite a bit of bacon minced into it, which gave it a much better taste/texture and its distinctive colour.

If you have found a good one, enjoy it! :)

Good to see Battered Mars Bar on that list. Important that there's a veggie option. Unless that's cooked in lard, of course. :D
I think c&o patties might be a cheese and onion version of the meat patties they do here? Not sure what they fry them in mind! Battered mars bar is probably for the tourists I imagine.
If you have found a good one, enjoy it! :)
I haven't, theirs is the flabby tasteless sausage type. The good ones do sound good though!

Also. It's all been cooked in beef dripping. The chips taste fucking amazing.:D

I did an open top tour bus in Brussels and they made a big deal out of the fact they cook their frites in beef dripping. I mean like multiple mentions at different points of the journey. It was like s cultural point of national pride.

I dunno mate it’s just the brand of the delivery module :D

Like this yeah
View attachment 326799

In Australia they have these in every chippy but with an important distinction. They must have a pointy spout designed specifically for injecting the sauce directly into an unopened pie.

Back
Top Bottom