Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

in case deep-fried pizza and deep-fried mars bars just don't fill you up...

who cares about US, this is deep fry epicentre

Nononnono. USAyans are mental for the deep fry. Scottish aren't even in same league.

If you can fry it, you can eat it. That seems to be the unofficial motto of state fair food vendors and it's one that they are happy to live by. Here's just a sampling of items that have been rolled in batter and deep fried at recent state fairs: bacon, Oreos, candy bars, Coca Cola, ravioli, caviar, Twinkies, Kool-Aid, beer, Pop Tarts, Frito pie, and a club salad. The 2011 Wisconsin State Fair offered the ultimate fried concoction: clumps of deep fried butter. Our arteries are clogging just thinking about it.

is it any more heart threatening than having a roll of bread with whole one of those butter portions in a plastic pot?

I'd have thought so. A Mars Bar is nosing towards 250 calories before you slap batter mix on it and dunk it in a frier filled with sizzling fat.

Nononnono. USAyans are mental for the deep fry. Scottish aren't even in same league.

:hmm: never noticed that but my us experience was rather limited, not been to any state fairs :) here they have a box of various candy next to pakoras and burgers in a chippy

I'm surprised Chicken Fried Bacon hasn't taken of in Scotland

Chicken_Fried_Bacon.jpg

wiki said:
experts note the dish's low nutritional benefits: "They've taken fat, they've double-coated it in fat, they've fried it in more fat, and then they've served it with a side order of fat."[2]Jane Hurley, senior nutritionist at the Center for Science in the Public Interest in Washington, D.C., stated she's "never heard of anything worse."[2] Although, the truth remains that saturated fat does not cause negative heath effects, but it rather the body's preferred source of food energy.

I lived in Glasgow once (once is enough).

Me and my mate lushed after deep fried bananas. They were called 'banana fritters' but oh my... Then we met some girls from Edinburgh. There was alot going for that posh lifestyle. Fritters weren't so much a highlight after that.

Back
Top Bottom