Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Important: a note about the 'nonce' threads and naming living individuals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've faced similar shit on my boards and the only thing you can be 'forced' to do, is take down the 'offending' post, and unless you refuse to take it down when asked to do so, you can't be held responsible for the 'offending' post, and implying that you can be is simply scaremongering!
Actually why don't you fuck off back to your little board, start libelling extremely rich and powerful people and wait for the writs to roll in?

Sorry guys... you're talking with your collective dicks hanging out!

I've faced similar shit on my boards and the only thing you can be 'forced' to do, is take down the 'offending' post, and unless you refuse to take it down when asked to do so, you can't be held responsible for the 'offending' post, and implying that you can be is simply scaremongering!

That's all...
How many people read your boards?

That's all...
christ :rolleyes:

well at least you're consistent, every time you come here you prove yourself to be, without doubt, the stupidest poster on Urban75

you should get a medal or something

That's all...
Carerwatch got taken down because someone said something very non outrageous about atos.
They're not the only ones to get threatened with lawyers.

I've been looking at the defamation bill 2012-2013 that is currently going through the upper house. If it goes through in its current form then it clarifies a few things in regards to website operators, makes clear a particular defence they can use, but this wont substantially change the position of sites like u75 on its own.

I wont bore on about the detail much at this stage, but it seems to me that they have set it up in a manner that will encourage website operators to provide information to the claimant which they will be able to use to attempt to discover the identity of the offending poster. It wont stop website operators from receiving threats, or having to take action to protect themselves.

Section 5 of this for anyone thats interested. http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/lbill/2012-2013/0041/20130041.pdf

That's all...
What's the address of your boards? We can all go and test your theory! :)

It's all over twitter in rumour form, but no out and out confirmation as far as I can see. The only things i've seen have been suggestions that an elderly gentleman is being interviewed, and as someone else has just stated: "The nature of a case like Savile is that many potential witnesses will also be famous. Being interviewed does not imply guilt."

In other words, let's not.

This isn't the thread to speculate about new arrests so I'll be deleting them to stop this important thread being dragged off topic.

Please start a new thread, but, of course, please bear in mind the legal guidelines described above when doing do.

Thanks.

The BBC finally mentioned that another man in his 80s was arrested under caution last week. Wonder why they why don't report that fully but Cliffords name is all over mainstream media?

Clifford was arrested, the other one wasn't - he was interviewed under caution. Maybe that's something to do with it. All the others arrested have been named.

Clifford was arrested, the other one wasn't - he was interviewed under caution. Maybe that's something to do with it. All the others arrested have been named.

I suspect that's it.

If people turn it around a bit - consider the case of someone who's been arrested in connection of an action that you approve of but the state doesn't - it's a really, really good idea for it to be OK to report the name of an arrested person.

It's also possible that there's been a court order forbidding the naming of the 80-year-old - which would be a rather good idea if, for example, doing so would prejudice further investigations...

na not a good idea.

There is a massive gulf between being nicked and being proven to have done something wrong. Especially now google will leave it findable by anyone, anytime, forever. Misses out 2 very important stages independant assesment(CPS) agreeing there is a case to answer (a realistic place to put the line),then a random sample of the public(jury) agreeing you did it

na not a good idea.

There is a massive gulf between being nicked and being proven to have done something wrong....

I'll spell it out. Please imagine that your best friend has been nicked and you're not allowed to demand her release by name.

I'll spell it out. Please imagine that your best friend has been nicked and you're not allowed to demand her release by name.

I'll spell it out.All the times you get arrested and never charged coz (a)the dibble was being a twat (b)the dibble was told to clear an area and deal with concequences later, all following you around for the rest of your natural life; hopefully dragged up at every interview so you can point out that as you weren't even charged, rather than thrown on the reject pile without it being raised....
Standing outside a police station shouting free Joe Bloggs is at most breach of the peacee, and I'm guessing next time a good mate is arrested, it'll be a text not the media that tells me.

All the times you get arrested and never charged coz (a)the dibble was being a twat (b)the dibble was told to clear an area and deal with concequences later, all following you around for the rest of your natural life...

So how are you going to deal with the consequences of the police being allowed to arrest (and hold) people anonymously?

Standing outside a police station shouting free Joe Bloggs is at most breach of the peacee, and I'm guessing next time a good mate is arrested, it'll be a text not the media that tells me.

Rather a lot of trust there, that you'll get that text...

most times I do, though mates only tend to get couple of arrests a year between us these days, and as we are getting older its for things they get charged with

We aren't talking anti terror 14 day shit here cos national security concerns would obviously demand a blackout , we are talking PACE based so max 36 hours. Being generous you are able to help your mate sort out better legal rep than he has. Still its 36 hours max, mcdonlds breakfasts aren't an amnesty level atrocity, I'd take that kafka period over giving ALL dibbles the ability to to blacken you name for evermore. You could up the unlawful arrest money by ten times it still aint going to cover the impact that could have on your life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom