Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How much underwear do you have?

Do you have enough underwear to avoid laundry on a two week holiday?

• Total voters
The idea of being away for 2 weeks is a very strange concept to me as I’m not very good at holidays. I can do a few days maximum before I want to go home. I do, however, try to reduce the amount of stress and boredom in my life so as to eliminate the need for one in the first place. 🙂
As for my underpants count (should I change my mind about such things), I’ve just had a look and:

Good pants - 4 pairs
OK - 3 pairs
Emergency - 1
Novelty thong - 1

A bought a set of 12 pairs of socks from M&S with a little colourful icon sewed into them. Since then I have bought a couple more sets of ordinary black socks so I can do my 2 week washing business, but the odd thing is that these first sets of socks seem to have been absorbed into the blackness, I can't find any of them now.

But also, if you don’t have 14 pairs of pants you can’t have any weeks (at home) where you say “fuck it, can’t be arsed with laundry this week”.
Yeah, this is an important point. Sometimes I don't do any washing for three/four weeks. The downside is I've then got a massive washing volcano to deal with.

Yeah, this is an important point. Sometimes I don't do any washing for three/four weeks. The downside is I've then got a massive washing volcano to deal with.
It seems insane to me that people can leave it more than two weeks - we probably do about 3-4 washes per week (one white wash, two or three darks washes and then maybe the bed sheets too). I run every day and only have enough kit for four days, so I need to do at least two washes per week just to make sure I have enough clothes to run in.

Hotel laundry is expensive, unless in India or Vietnam or similar. We have had a week in hotels and a week in an apartment, so had a week’s worth to do when arrived at the apartment and am doing some now so when we get home all our clothes are clean.

Seems the reason some of you can’t go on two week holidays is that you’ve spunked all your cash on smalls.

I have more than sufficient underwear for a two week holiday and would usually pack sufficient to change every day plus some spares just in case.

Would never hand wash anything if I can help it so would just bring what I need on this fantasy hypothetical fortnight holiday

Bring what you need, but sort your gear out while you're there - socks, pants, t-shirts and shorts can all be washed in the shower and dried out around the holiday gaff. Then you have a constant stream of clean clothes and you shouldn't get home with more than 2 days dirty washing.

I've not been on a foreign holiday in years. But if I were away for 2 weeks I would bring enough underwear for the 2 weeks. If it's a warm country I would handwash them and let them dry overnight. I've no problem with handwashing a few items so long as they're just mine.
I dont expect to have to wash anyone else's gear on my holidays.

I would need more than 14 pairs of pants for a 2 week holiday - bit of sightseeing and lunch, back for a shower, out again in the evening, you'd put a clean pair on surely? But I'm with the others on the 'let the hotel do it' option - there's always favourite items you'd wear multiple times over a holiday if only they were clean.

I don't think I've ever handed clothes over to a hotel to launder them for me but I definitely wouldnt hand over my underwear to be laundered...

Bring what you need, but sort your gear out while you're there - socks, pants, t-shirts and shorts can all be washed in the shower and dried out around the holiday gaff. Then you have a constant stream of clean clothes and you shouldn't get home with more than 2 days dirty washing.
Would rather just bring the amount I need without having to wash and scrub anything. I never washed smalls by hand and don’t intend to start. I’m not doing any work on my fictional holidays!

I have more than sufficient underwear for a two week holiday and would usually pack sufficient to change every day plus some spares just in case.
The only way I could fit 16+ pairs of underpants into my luggage along with everything else I need is if I started wearing these, and as space efficient as it might be, I'm not sure I'm ready to commit just yet...

Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 16.30.36.png

I don't think I've ever been on a 2 week holiday. And no, not enough pants. Maybe if I change one thing the other will follow?

I have more than fourteen pairs of pants, but I'd rather do a wash part-way through a holiday than lug a fortnight's worth of dirty clothes home.

My brother hated doing laundry when he was younger and said he was going to buy so many pairs he'd never have to do any laundry at university. Mum put a stop to that by refusing point-blank to wash his three-month-old undercrackers.

Especially when the dirty claats had been festering for a fortnight as well.

I have an absurdly large collection of pants but only ever wear about 5 of them the rest are just still there in the back of the drawer waiting in case my life changes drastically. I handwash all pants when on holiday / away as its never anywhere with a laundry service so you have to take your dirty pants to a laundry-shop where they will always count the items out in front of you and its a bit weird and i'm awkward like that.

I don't think I've ever handed clothes over to a hotel to launder them for me but I definitely wouldnt hand over my underwear to be laundered...
Why not? You just dump it all in a laundry bag and fill out a paper slip with details of what's in the bag. Next morning you get it all delivered back to you clean and pressed.

Still wouldn't fit. Anyway, most of our holidays involve going back to my wife's home country, meaning we're on strict instructions to bring back as much of the local food ingredients that you can't get in this country as possible.
You must have massive pants. I can fit two weeks of clothes in a backpack, and that includes shirts

Back
Top Bottom