Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How much underwear do you have?

Do you have enough underwear to avoid laundry on a two week holiday?

• Total voters

spanglechick

High Empress of Dressing Up
I reckon it’s pretty normal that if a person was lucky enough to go on holiday for two weeks, that they wouldn’t need to do any laundry because they own more than 14 pairs of pants.
Bahnhof Strasse - a man of considerable means who can readily afford a few multipacks of M&S boxers - disagrees. So, a poll.

By “enough underwear” I mean at least one pair of underpants/knickers per day, plus as many clean socks, tights, vests and bras as you would normally want. All items should fit and be in wearable condition if you did the washing before you left.

I doubt I have 14 pairs of pants in total and I wouldn't bring the entire collection on holiday if I did - I'd sooner leave space to bring stuff back than cart around a pile of dirty laundry, even if my suitcase wasn't usually colonised by toys, teddy bears, etc.

I have more than fourteen pairs of pants, but I'd rather do a wash part-way through a holiday than lug a fortnight's worth of dirty clothes home.

My brother hated doing laundry when he was younger and said he was going to buy so many pairs he'd never have to do any laundry at university. Mum put a stop to that by refusing point-blank to wash his three-month-old undercrackers.

I would perhaps stock up on decent enough pants before embarking on a 14 day holiday. Or just hand wash them.

However I would struggle to take enough tops bottoms dresses etc to wear clean things each day so would probably have to wash a few things. Especially as I end up having favourites and things I dont end up wearing.

I reckon I have around 7 or 8 pairs of undies, so yeah I would (and do) do laundry while I'm away.

I often wear running shorts while away too, which have an internal liner and don't require the wearing of undies, but this is cancelled out by needing to change once or twice a day as we usually holiday in the summer and/or in hot countries.

Edited to add: on our last big holiday, we got the hotels we stayed in to do our laundry for us.

I’m a chronic over packer and would always have enough clothes plus daily underwear and spares. At a conference I was given the (non-existent) award for the the most luggage of any delegate.
I would probably buy a few extra pairs of knickers for a two week holiday so I didn’t have to take any older/faded pairs.
Beyond hand washing a favourite bra or stain removing, I would not be doing laundry on holiday.

I reckon I have about 12 pairs of pants and fifteen pairs of socks but am not worried as there's fuck all chance of a holiday, particularly a two week one, anytime soon.

I’m a chronic over packer and would always have enough clothes plus daily underwear and spares. At a conference I was given the (non-existent) award for the the most luggage of any delegate.
I would probably buy a few extra pairs of knickers for a two week holiday so I didn’t have to take any older/faded pairs.
Yes. This is me.
But also, if you don’t have 14 pairs of pants you can’t have any weeks (at home) where you say “fuck it, can’t be arsed with laundry this week”.

Definitely more than 14 pairs in the drawer. But rarely pack more than probably 3, no matter how long I'll be away for. A tube of travel wash and the sun/radiator does the job. I like to either pack light, hand luggage only ideally so I can travel easily ,or room for bringing back things (lemons, olives, herbs, oil and honey usually).

I could do two weeks without needing a washing machine.

In fact it is about every two weeks that I do my washing.

One a week and one for emergencies. :D

More that I can usually avoid any more than 3 fancybollocks events in any given year....

Promotion board? Don't need pants, I'm fucking ace.

Wedding? Sorry love, I'd love to spend time with your awful friends but I'm in Estonia/Afghanistan/wherever that weekend.

Pants are oppression in corporeal form - liberation comrades!

I've definitely got at least 14 pairs of pants and would take at least 14 (plus a couple of emergency pants) on a 2 week holiday.

I'm not doing washing while I'm on holiday.

I definitely don't have 14 pairs. I think it's 5 pairs plus a couple of old ones kept for period duty. It's easy enough to wash and wring out underwear on holiday though, if you have enough clothes not to have to do a full wash load.

I think we got hotels to do laundry for us about three times in 12 days when we were on honeymoon in Vietnam. They charge per item usually, but it was about £40 in total we'd paid by the end, which was a small price to pay for a pile of freshly laundered keks and tees after a tough day on the beach.

i have many many - in my house we must have at least a hundred pairs of pants. unfortunately i have big laundry baskets and short arms :hmm:

keeping 3 in bras of changing sizes can be a challenge though.

If I'm on tour with the band, my underwear requirements can be more than average on account that I may want to change my undies backstage if I've come offstage from a particularly, therefore doubling my DUQ (Daily Undies Quota). Add in the fact that going on tour means you have to pack as you light as you can, so for a two week tour I'd take about 8 pairs of undies with a strict hotel room washing rota so I'm never putting on stinky pants. For shorter tours, I'll pack a fresh pair for every day with a couple more for good luck.

I would need more than 14 pairs of pants for a 2 week holiday - bit of sightseeing and lunch, back for a shower, out again in the evening, you'd put a clean pair on surely? But I'm with the others on the 'let the hotel do it' option - there's always favourite items you'd wear multiple times over a holiday if only they were clean.

Would never hand wash anything if I can help it so would just bring what I need on this fantasy hypothetical fortnight holiday

Back
Top Bottom