Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How long will the next Tory prime minister last?

Well? How long?

• Lucky to see Halloween - Clocks changing - PM changing again more like

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bonfire night - you're having a laugh

• Remembrance Day - try and remember the last 3 PMs then

• Starting opening the doors on your Advent calendar - opening the doors to No 10 for yet another PM

• Shortest Day? - Shortest serving PM

• New PM for Christmas

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Crazy option - this one lasts a year, or at least until the New Year then

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
Johnson won't last long if he gets the gig again , talk of MPs resigning their seats/defecting , which would be great to see tbf , but with a massive landslide likely at the GE , would they actually defect/resign ?🤔

Sunak is more likely , they would limp on , maybe some Boris MPs resign (can't see how they could defect , maybe a new party ?)

GE after Christmas maybe.

Wishful thinking: new PM calls general election, Labour landslide by Christmas.

Pessimist thinking: Sunak becomes PM, no general election called, Conservatives win 2024 general election.

Wishful thinking: new PM calls general election, Labour landslide by Christmas.

Pessimist thinking: Sunak becomes PM, no general election called, Conservatives win 2024 general election.

I very much doubt it, but if Starmer is elected, it will be a one term government.

My reasoning is not based on a dislike of Starmer, but because the Augean Stables was a minor project compared to sorting the health service, to give one example.

Starmer really is between a rock and a hard place, because if he issues caveats about speed of change he won't get elected, if he doesn't he will be crucified for failing to deliver.

We really do need a new government though.

I think the Tories will walk it.

They have a near complete cultural hegemony thanks to the press. Starmer offers utterly no opposition at all and is easily marginalised.

To me it looks utterly fucking awful.

I think the Tories will walk it.

They have a near complete cultural hegemony thanks to the press. Starmer offers utterly no opposition at all and is easily marginalised.

To me it looks utterly fucking awful.
if you're going to post from a position of abject ignorance you ought not to make it so obvious
1680017662669.png

Back
Top Bottom