Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Apparently he ran off but all the shopkeepers know who it is. There are cameras in the tunnel too, so hopefully the Transport Police will take a look.
The transport police will be to busy checking tickets for any of that lark.

I couldn't find a general Herne Hill forum, so I thought I'd start this one up with a mention of the street piano by the station.

street-piano-herne-hill-01.jpg

This guy was a really good player and wonderfully lost in the music.

Tickling the ivories at Herne Hill station at midnight

Damn! My search failed to find the original thread although I was sure there was one. It's now been duly merged.

The new venue next to the Commercial is opening this weekend apparently. There was frenzied activity inside when I passed on Thursday. It's called The Milkwood.

The new venue next to the Commercial is opening this weekend apparently. There was frenzied activity inside when I passed on Thursday. It's called The Milkwood.
I was at the launch. Will post up photos soon. They've done a very good job of the interior.

Looking at the food that's on offer, they're definitely not going for the family friendly / NCT crowd. That ought to be a good draw round Herne Hill; somewhere kid-free.

Really not enjoying the new pavement flags along Dulwich Road and then end of Railton. What's the point? Brand Herne Hill®?

Looking at the food that's on offer, they're definitely not going for the family friendly / NCT crowd. That ought to be a good draw round Herne Hill; somewhere kid-free.
They've got a specific kids menu so I doubt it's going to be kid-free.

Really not enjoying the new pavement flags along Dulwich Road and then end of Railton. What's the point? Brand Herne Hill®?
Yes. I thought that. Looks cluttered and serves what purpose? Seems a funny thing to spend money on when complaining about tight budgets.

what flags? I didn't notice any yesterday
They are all the way along Dulwich are as said. I wouldn't call them flags. Vinyl rectangles with pictures of local buildings like the Lido, Brockwell Hall etc. I've seen the same portraits in the window of the picture framer and seen postcards at the market with them.

I quite like it

There seems to be some form of spring holding them on, made of black metal, which could, to my feeble eyes, be some form of antenna. Maybe they are revenue generating! We're being spied on by 1920s BR style posters!

It was pretty busy yesterday lunchtime when frequented by me and Mr Magpie. We had a nice lunch and not too pricey.

:confused:

Maybe someone can tell me how this place is up and running when the licence application hasn't been ok'd by the council....:confused:

http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/sites/default/files/brl-redacted-application-Prem588_0.pdf

I've seen it happen a couple of times before
Probably because the place is licensed but under someone else's name. They are most probably transferring the licence holder's name. I know the owners as the Railway is my local and doubt very much that they would risk opening illegally.

The new owner has an outstanding parking fine and wears size 9.5 shoes (left foot slightly larger than right). Although he shares that dustbin with a neighbour so I may be mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom