Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

OTC is technically illegal if that helps. I rather take a 6 pack of spesh to a dunelm mills and test out the memory foam, but not sure of their opening hours.
the only 2 times I've attempted to get a drink in OTC they have told me they weren't serving/it was too late. Maybe they just didn't like the look of me.

After hours drinking isn't about booze or comfort - its about the random and interesting company, or it used to be. Met many people or got to know them better in such establishments. Spent many a happy night in 127, the Studio and the Hammy.

(2 pack - was trying to be the big man.)
makes you officially a cheap date!

Licensing application on the door of the defunct plumbing supplies shop by the Florence.

Seems to be for the Shrub and Shutter people. But the application may have lapsed

Went to Milkwood yesterday for a feed. It was incredibly busy. Staff are really bloody lovely and although they were manic it didn't feel unrelaxed. The fit out has been done so well, they didn't skrimp on that. I think finally the jinx has been lifted on this venue.

The food was really good, amazing fries and really nice wine that wasn't over priced.

I think I might become a regular here.

Commercial was dead which is strange but I think lots of people went on the lash early yesterday so burnt out by 10pm.

So a big thumbs up for Milkwood. I shall look forwardn to the cinema at Under Milkwood.

Just having a business that opens regularly and consistently is a pleasure.

Apparently they do a good breakie too.

Just having a business that opens regularly and consistently is a pleasure.

Apparently they do a good breakie too.
I think I may have had their first one the morning after they opened. It was ok but nothing special for £8.(perfect poached egg, mind you!) I think the kitchen was struggling - they were still carting building materials out - so I'll reserve judgement until next time.

ETA. I really liked the feel of the place.

Last edited:
Had a peek at Milkwood around 10am this morning, looked busy and customers looked happy. I was looking for somewhere to have brekker, wish I'd gone in now. Ended up having a slightly disappointing bacon sarnie and an excellent coffee at Pigeon Hole in Camberwell.

I think I may have had their first one the morning after they opened. It was ok but nothing special for £8.(perfect poached egg, mind you!) I think the kitchen was struggling - they were still carting building materials out - so I'll reserve judgement until next time.

ETA. I really liked the feel of the place.

No surprise it beats OTC. Big money and experience behind it. Going to wander down there in a minute

They did on my bill. I prefer it, tbh.
I find myself always giving a quid or two on top when I know I shouldn't. I'm sceptical that the 12.5% goes to the staff. Also, if staff get tips and it's on a credit card, they'll pay tax and National Insurance on it.

So the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Was going to go there for a late lunch today, but the kitchen was closed (due to staff cock-up, I think). I asked if, in that case, we could order drinks and get something to eat from the market but that was not allowed. So we went elsewhere.

Was going to go there for a late lunch today, but the kitchen was closed (due to staff cock-up, I think). I asked if, in that case, we could order drinks and get something to eat from the market but that was not allowed. So we went elsewhere.

Almost all the staff were very friendly - and some knew what they were doing.

Back
Top Bottom