Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

That place that never succeeds next to the Commercial is being refurbished. Apparently it will be a Mediterannean restaurant.

Witnessed a rotten display of racism in The Commercial yesterday when I popped in for a sandwich at lunchtime. Some twat was vile to three black women. Asked one of them if her nice watch was a gift from her drug dealer boyfriend....

I didn't really know what was going on until he spat in her face and shouted 'Because you're black....!!!!'

To be honest I saw red and followed him out into the street, gave him a boot up the arse, told him he was disgusting and to fuck off...

I didn't really know what was happening until afterwards, apparently he was in the area looking to buy a property for his son (he told the bar person). One of the three women commented on his rolex, and he responded with his 'drug dealer' comment. It was when she was challenging him about that he started spitting insults in her face...

It was quite bizarre, because it was a really quiet, normal, Monday afternoon....this bloke just appeared out of nowhere...

...he didn't say a word to me when I had a go at him....just ran off into Herne Hill station...

The three ladies gave me a hug afterwards. That was nice, but it was a very ugly moment...put me in a proper mood.

That place that never succeeds next to the Commercial is being refurbished.

Some Herne Hillians are all excited as there are rumours of a Soho House connection. They can go to the OTC after a meal of a Friday and Saturday evening. Sometimes though the decorators start the rumours from boredom. A ha ha.

Witnessed a rotten display of racism in The Commercial yesterday when I popped in for a sandwich at lunchtime. Some twat was vile to three black women. Asked one of them if her nice watch was a gift from her drug dealer boyfriend....

I didn't really know what was going on until he spat in her face and shouted 'Because you're black....!!!!'

To be honest I saw red and followed him out into the street, gave him a boot up the arse, told him he was disgusting and to fuck off... <snip>
...he didn't say a word to me when I had a go at him....just ran off into Herne Hill station...

The three ladies gave me a hug afterwards. That was nice, but it was a very ugly moment...put me in a proper mood.
Sorry that the racist twat contaminated the area, but well done you for intervening. :)

IME his sort (the ones who have a go at women) seldom have anything to say when confronted by a man, and you've probably restored a bit of faith in humanity to those 3 women - proving that not all men and not all whites are nasty racists.

That place that never succeeds next to the Commercial is being refurbished. Apparently it will be a Mediterannean restaurant.
Railway Tulse Hill guys have taken it over.

I believe it's jinxed so agree it is never to be a success. I used to go years back when it was the escape and it always smelled of wee.

Sorry that the racist twat contaminated the area, but well done you for intervening. :)

IME his sort (the ones who have a go at women) seldom have anything to say when confronted by a man, and you've probably restored a bit of faith in humanity to those 3 women - proving that not all men and not all whites are nasty racists.

Yeah I was there too and it was completely shocking. I've lived in London for many years and have never heard such words. I was utterly disgusted.

The ladies were so grateful for people intervening, namely Nanker and I made sure they were ok.

I think the guy could have had a lot worse than a boot up his arse, he got off lightly and hopefully he realises he can't get away with that sort of disgusting behaviour in London again.

Perhaps my resorting to violence wasn't really the answer...

...the three women laughed about it...they thought the kick up the arse was funny....

I quite like sitting by the fire on a cold afternoon. Dont really like it when its busy though.

Agree it does score huge points by not being the Florence

I quite like sitting by the fire on a cold afternoon. Dont really like it when its busy though.

Agree it does score huge points by not being the Florence
Always used to be freezing with the doors open - have they learned to close the doors when it cold yet or open the windows when its warm?

I wouldn't bother going out in East Brixton, sorry, Herne Hill, if I lived there, since Camberwell and Brixton are just round the corner

I try and avoid The Florence, but end up there by default sometimes as a parent. I love ale but can't stand most of their own brewed beers.

Walters are expecting to be given their notice and are looking to move elsewhere in HH after Network Rail made it clear that they weren't welcome back post refurb.

Do people like the Florence?

Think some parents like it cos of the soundproof fish-tank creche thing at the back.

Last time I went there for food I ended up quite ill the next morning just before getting on a long haul flight, not fun.

Needless to say I haven't been back since.

Back
Top Bottom