Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Now that's a fucking roast dinner, yer shower of posh fannies...

article-0-0F294BE000000578-780_468x317.jpg
Rant, rave, rant, rave.

two of the most inexcusable yet so ridiculously easily avoidable faux pas when it comes to roasts in pubs restaurants are- small portions and shit watery gravy.

why would you serve a small roast and/or serve it with shit gravy? it really puts me off eating roasts out of the home, as they are almost always a disappointment, and at a hefty price.

basically, no. it doesn't cost more to make decent gravy. I can understand smaller portions will cost slightly less per serving but what's the point of it puts people off? Toby Carvery's etc are big successful chains for a reason.

I don't even care if the meat is a bit tough or whatever, as long as there is shit loads of it.

There used to be great roasts at a good price at Ivan's Retreat. I forget how much they were but the second one was heavily discounted. I liked that bar.

Realise this is too late but hootenanny usually have games on and effra social have things on in front room now too
I know, as might the Regent. buscador is hobbling on a crutch in an undignified manner, having twisted her ankle last week, so didn't want to hop out just on the off chance. She's watching it at home = less sociable/beer for me.

Regent is a bit hit and miss for sport on TV and no commentary
Effra social front room is quite cozy and beer is good and if they're not showing and you don't mind hooters then it's a fairly safe trip to watch it at one of them

Back
Top Bottom