Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you ever wondered what evidence goes into policy making? (UK)

senseaboutsci

Don’t forget to submit your question to ask your MP for the evidence behind issues you’re passionate about!

Evidence Week in Parliament is opened by people like you asking their MP about the evidence behind issues you care about. It’s live and online so you get an immediate answer from government advisers and experts, as well as your local MP

This is your chance to decide the topics under discussion, and you can ask about anything.

Email your MP now to ask your question at the online launch at 5pm on Monday 3 July: Ask for Evidence

If you have any questions you can message us, a charity that champions the public interest in evidence. We open Evidence Week with your questions to make sure Parliament uses the best available evidence to make the decisions that affect all our lives. Make sure yours is included!

I don't think I have enough time to write it all out, thats only a few weeks away!

Ideological purity requires no evidence whatsoever. Why ascribe any logic to these psychopathic monsters.
Don’t forget to submit your question to ask your MP for the evidence behind issues you’re passionate about!

Evidence Week in Parliament is opened by people like you asking their MP about the evidence behind issues you care about. It’s live and online so you get an immediate answer from government advisers and experts, as well as your local MP

This is your chance to decide the topics under discussion, and you can ask about anything.

Email your MP now to ask your question at the online launch at 5pm on Monday 3 July: Ask for Evidence

If you have any questions you can message us, a charity that champions the public interest in evidence. We open Evidence Week with your questions to make sure Parliament uses the best available evidence to make the decisions that affect all our lives. Make sure yours is included!

It's very kind of you to share this but as we've seen with the voting id thing an absence of evidence doesn't hinder the government in the slightest

My MP has voted solidly the party line so I'm not totally convinced she is actually a real person tbh, I suspect any emails from the likes of me asking for evidence of anything will probably go straight into Deleted Items

only evidence that fits their preconceived ideas is ever used.
Portugal " we've reduced deaths and mayhem by classing heroin addiction as a healthcare rather than a criminal problem."
UK government we must arrest and punished heroin users more harshly otherwise we will be seen to be morally weak :facepalm:

Sense about Science in the UK is not quite as bad as the Science Media Centre, but they are fellow travellers and not to be trusted.

only evidence that fits their preconceived ideas is ever used.
Portugal " we've reduced deaths and mayhem by classing heroin addiction as a healthcare rather than a criminal problem."
UK government we must arrest and punished heroin users more harshly otherwise we will get a couple of bad editorials in the Mail and Express and that's far worse than many pointless deaths. :facepalm:
FTFY

In answer to the OP, I've been involved in the process a few times. I agree with Ben Franklin...

knew someone who spent a lot of time putting a presentation for the new army sniper rifle only for the MOD to send a radar and a sonar expert to view it.
Also had a presentation from a senior prison service person who dispared of government ministers one apprantly asked do you organise death matches between padeophiles and prisoners! :facepalm: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom