Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has the Queen died?

Only third?
Come on Urban...

c07ba664-b80d-47ef-8626-242fc286ebe5_zpsp5y46zyb.png

Is it a national day of mourning tomorrow (do I need to get up for work?) I'll take the first response as a binding fact.

You do realise there'll be a long running and bloody civil war as Big Ears and wotsisface and their supporters vie for the throne ?
That the cubscouts and boys brigade will most likely annihilate each other in a big field in Wessex ?

Much as I'm enjoying the thread, I'm not really following that...

Typo on my part - should have been "World War III". Some people think that once Trump gets in office, there's going to be a full on war happening.

In Britain we make our hats from tin foil not "aluminum", whatever that is

"Aluminum" foil...
aluminum-foil-00.jpg

But if you want to call it tin foil, I have no complaints.:D

Do they bury Phil the Greek with her in an underground tomb, along with her favourite corgis?

No they wouldn't. George VI two-shilling pieces were still in circulation until they downsized the 10p piece in the early 1990s, for example.

Yes, and when I was very young there were still Queen Victoria pennies in circulation. However, these were issued whilst the monarch in question was still alive. If Liz dies in 2016, they can't issue coins with her face on dated 2017.

For example, this Edward the Eighth Sovereign which somehow slipped out of the clutches of the Royal Mint fetched half a million at auction because it is dated 1937 by which time he had abdicated.

edward-viii-sovereign.jpg

Coins were minted bearing his image, but nearly all were melted down, as would be the case with the new pound coins

Typo on my part - should have been "World War III". Some people think that once Trump gets in office, there's going to be a full on war happening.

"Aluminum" foil...

"Aluminum" foil...
aluminum-foil-00.jpg

You say aluminum, I say aluminium.
Let's call the whole thing off and fantasise about regicide instead.

Or should that fantasize, or phantasise.

note how they introduce an edged bin lid just at the economic lowpoint that means nobody will sharpen them as use for throwing at enemies.

I think she's actually been dead for years, and they've just been wheeling out a wax model occasionally.

If she *had* died and they had put off announcing it, it would be under the misapprehension that everyone worships the royalty and it might ruin their christmas. I am happy to say that I don't really give a flying fuck. :)

Back
Top Bottom