Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has the Queen died?

aye tbf she really still alive, they just worked the state funeral as she wanted a way out without abdicating

hears she gonna be spending the winter with meg and harry

Just to avoid any confusion. Yes.

I did previously post what the guidelines about using that cause of death on death certificates are: #7,182

They are only supposed to use it under a limited set of circumstances, including not being aware of any disease or condition that contributed to the death. I doubt that is really the case in this instance.

In fairness, she was still up and about meeting Johnson and Truss two days prior.

I note Anne just managed to comply with the eight day deadline after which she would have been served a notice by the registrar compelling her to attend the registration office in person to attest the death registration form in the prescribed manner.

The BBC were gently skeptical about the amount of health info given:

When she was alive there was a curtain of privacy around the Queen's health, and in her death there remains some restraint.

Her cause of death is recorded as "old age", without any further details.

The advice from coroners is that "old age" can be given as the sole cause of death in some "very limited circumstances", where the certifying doctor has personally cared for someone over a long period; where a "gradual decline" has been observed and where a doctor is not aware of "any identifiable disease or injury" contributing to a death.

Time of death ends up being their main focus.

Buckingham Palace had formally announced the Queen's death at 18:30, with news organisations around the world immediately relaying the announcement that: "The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon."

There were subsequent reports that the Prime Minister Liz Truss had been privately notified at 16:30.

This death certificate shows the Queen had died at 15:10, more than three hours before the news was publicly released.

BBC presenters were wearing black long before that stated time of death, but of course the death being seen as inevitable could easily happen well before the official time of death.

Any pathologist can tell you the cause of death - cardiac arrest.
What caused it, is quite another matter.
But the law is only interested in whether it was natural or whether someone caused the death.

So, remember the old question "Where were you when the Queen died?"
M. Poirot and Capt. Hastings want to talk to all the staff at Balmoral !!
Why?
Because of the evidence?
No, my dear Hasting, because of the lack of evidence.

Autopsies should be routine for all sudden deaths.
Hers, was a sudden death.

I note Anne just managed to comply with the eight day deadline after which she would have been served a notice by the registrar compelling her to attend the registration office in person to attest the death registration form in the prescribed manner.
isn't charlie "next of kin" though?

Any pathologist can tell you the cause of death - cardiac arrest.
What caused it, is quite another matter.
But the law is only interested in whether it was natural or whether someone caused the death.

So, remember the old question "Where were you when the Queen died?"
M. Poirot and Capt. Hastings want to talk to all the staff at Balmoral !!
Why?
Because of the evidence?
No, my dear Hasting, because of the lack of evidence.

Autopsies should be routine for all sudden deaths.
Hers, was a sudden death.
Hypoxia would be the ultimate cause of death, surely?

As spectacular a tenure as Liz Truss period of Prime Minister was, I think the Queen's passing was purely co incidental. Far more likely to have been holding on for the chance to accept the resignation of PM under which there were parties in Downing Street that were lied about in Parliament while the Queen mourned her husband whilst respecting covid conditions

Back
Top Bottom