Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has the Queen died?

In my case it will, exactly as heartfelt.
Having completely avoided the coverage of the entire Diana death fest, my abiding memory of the footage of the cortege derives from the clips shown on Clive James' BBC review of the (1997) year programme in which images of Charles Windsor's "mourning" were shown whilst the Verve's "Lucky man" played in the soundtrack.
Genius.:D

Members of my extended family were talking about the succession immediately prior to Brenda's talking head piece on Sunday, and who they thought ought to get the nod. I bit my lip on their misunderstanding of how hereditary monarchies work.

As well as suggesting for the soundtrack of the thread...I actually quite like this.

I find the suggestion that there are no actual loons whatsoever posting on urban a bit difficult to believe. If there are any actual outthere basket case loons on urban this is just the type of thread that will attract their attention.

I was talking about this thread, not the entire membership.

When she passes, and national week of morning with the commensurate days off work. Would be right and proper. Early April would be convenient for me.

I would be fucking raging. One of the few benefits of living on this damp shitty class and deference ridden island is an extra bank holiday when the monarch dies.

I demand my fucking birthright!

Damned fucking right. We'd need a minimum of two entirely extra Bank Holidays.

In the utterly hypothetical situation of the Queen's funeral coming up within the next three years, that is :p ;)

Damned fucking right. We'd need a minimum of two entirely extra Bank Holidays.

In the utterly hypothetical situation of the Queen's funeral coming up within the next three years, that is :p ;)
I think it should be a full month of bank holidays to allow for mourning. We'll all be so upset that a month will be needed at a minimum to regain our composure.

Back
Top Bottom