Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has the Queen died?

A google image search for 'is the queen dead' returns almost an entire page of images of the Smiths album cover, bar six images. Odd to see such a consistent result. :hmm:

This thread does make me wonder what will happen when the inevitable happens.

Queen Liz is popular because she has been well-behaved - a dignified and relatively non-interfering monarch, and there has been no constitutional crisis since 1936. Everyone under the age of 70 ish won't remember anything else.

I'm a republican, don't believe in a feudal monarchy. But I can see how the current Queen has been well-liked and I wouldn't wish an Ipatiev House type thing on her or hers, just that they are not treated like gods and financed like they were gods.

Charles is less liked, by some people because of interference in government (the spider memos etc.) and by some because of the Diana thing which is more commensurate with the behaviour of royalty in history.

When the Queen does go*, it will be interesting.

*if she ain't already

Charles is less liked, by some people because of interference in government (the spider memos etc.) and by some because of the Diana thing which is more commensurate with the behaviour of royalty in history.

When the Queen does go*, it will be interesting.

*if she ain't already
As has been suggested above, I think Will's generation is better liked than his father's, so depending on how long Charles' reign lasts things may not be interesting for that long.

Now the state broadcaster tells us. Just read (clockwise) around the picture of the monarch...

Ex-Queen...dies...all die...lose...break....bid farewell....German disposal...heart attack on Friday.
11121eb1-95bf-4ffe-8e2e-f26edb41297c_zpsgvhhnbqb.png

:eek::eek::eek:

Really interesting article and links therein, thank you.

I couldn't resist pressing the 'no, there should be no statue of Thatcher on the fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square' button even thought it was probably years out of date. Computer didn't say no to my vote :D 54% of the population are with me regarding the old witch, anyway.

A bit more tongue-in-cheek, but quite apt to describe the absurd mourning that happens in these cases as a 'national fever-dream'

This Is What Will Happen When the Queen Dies - VICE

"Britain loves to go off its nut, anyway. For the Diamond Jubilee, everyone stood around getting soaked to the tits just to watch a live Queen stand on a boat. Imagine how much more adverse weather they'd put up with for a dead Queen. It would be almost limitless."

This line tho...... :D

Gah. Clicked on this thread thinking I'd missed the big news. That would've gone a long way to making up for a totally shit in every way 2016, seeing the old bitch kick the bucket.

Gah. Clicked on this thread thinking I'd missed the big news. That would've gone a long way to making up for a totally shit in every way 2016, seeing the old bitch kick the bucket.

Give it a few more days. Once she has finished shape shifting into her new "charles" form. Then our state media will make it public. In the meantime they will distract the sheeple by bumping off various celebs.

It's just a bit of fun, not genuine conspiranoidary.

I (sort of ;) ) accept that about this thread, but is there the odd actual loon on this thread using the pisstaking majority of posts as cover for posting proper full on bonkers loon-speculation? :hmm: ;)

I only ask :D ... because Urban pisstakers might be unknowingly validating the Ickery of some idiots ..... </conspiranoia as counter-conspiranoia ... ;) >

I (sort of ;) ) accept that about this thread, but is there the odd actual loon on this thread using the pisstaking majority of posts as cover for posting proper full on bonkers loon-speculation? :hmm: ;)

I only ask :D ... because Urban pisstakers might be unknowingly validating the Ickery of some idiots ..... </conspiranoia as counter-conspiranoia ... ;) >

There's obviously a thin line between satire and actuality but i don't think anyone is placed in the latter here but if they are, it's negated by the majority being placed in the former.

The Spanish Royal family's official Twitter account put up a message of condolence, but it was quickly deleted :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom