Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

This is an interesting article, what a mess.

"Want an empty 327 sq metre arch under a railway line in Southwark in south London? That’ll be £113,400 a year including VAT."

my god

maybe thats for borough market or something but whatever it is its a scandal - id be interested to see who is paying that
i wonder what the rent was for one of these gold hackney ones

maybe thats for borough market or something but whatever it is its a scandal - id be interested to see who is paying that
i wonder what the rent was for one of these gold hackney ones
I'd love to have a business idea that'll make 10 grand a month just to cover the rent, plus everything else on top.
Then again, I'm glad my mind doesn't work like that.

Here's a search near me. 113k is definitely at the higher end but there's quite a few at 80+

Chiselling bastards

These people are fighting to keep them accessible for small business but I fear they are losing the battle.

I know someone who ran a business out of some railway arches near London Fields. She moved maybe five or six years ago because the rent increased massively and it seemed they wanted to keep it increasing it while not actually carrying out repairs and stuff. (I had in my head it was TFL but Network Rail would make more sense -- there was some railway connection anyway.)

I know someone who ran a business out of some railway arches near London Fields. She moved maybe five or six years ago because the rent increased massively and it seemed they wanted to keep it increasing it while not actually carrying out repairs and stuff. (I had in my head it was TFL but Network Rail would make more sense -- there was some railway connection anyway.)

May still have been Network Rail.

They had a policy that you have to give it back to them in exactly the same condition as they let it to you, so all fixtures and fittings, flooring etc. has to be gone.

But they were notorious for never ever responding to any tenant issues.

• Angry
Reactions: Sue
On the subject of businesses in the arches, I don't know if anyone wants to donate to this worthy cause to make some arches community owned, there is still money needed by the end of today.

On the subject of businesses in the arches, I don't know if anyone wants to donate to this worthy cause to make some arches community owned, there is still money needed by the end of today.

Thanks blossie. Dropped a 5er in the pot.

Anyone live in Cazenove ward?

Message from Acting Director of Legal, Democratic & Electoral Services & Monitoring Officer

The Returning Officer has today (05.12.23) published a notice of election for the vacancy in Cazenove ward. This confirms that the election will take place on Thursday, 18 January 2024.

Condolences to all those impacted by the fatal shooting of The Late Lianne Gordon in Vine Close in Clapton, shortly before 6.30 p.m. yesterday evening. Two other people, a 20 year-old youth and a 16 year-old child, were also hospitalised with gunshot wounds.

78640967-12832187-image-a-1_1701864269710.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

The Late Lianne Gordon

Anyone who witnessed the shooting, or has information about what happened, is asked to call 101 quoting CAD 5811/05Dec.

To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

A 16-year-old child has now been charged with the murder of the Late Lianne Gordon who was shot dead in Vine Close, Hackney, on 5 December 2023. The child has also been charged with the attempted murder of a 20-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy, possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life and with possession with intent to supply Class A drugs (crack cocaine and heroin).

He will appear in custody at Barkingside Magistrates' Court on Monday 11 December 2023.

78769661-12845059-image-a-78_1702138478728.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

The Late Lianne Gordon

Anyone with information about the incident is urged to come forward by calling the incident room on 020 8345 3865, use 101 or message via ‘X’ @MetCC.

Alternatively people can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously, either online or by calling 0800 555 111.

Back
Top Bottom