Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Great Pottery Throwdown

Right result.
Yes, but I can't help but think that Jodie is just lucky that Hannah's cracked.
I dunno. I thought Hannah’s was really ugly. i really liked her woman but I couldn’t see what she had to do with the pot and the stripes. And she covered the lovely woman in dark green glaze!

Adam’s bottom didn’t go with his top but his base was beautiful. Really the best put together one was Peter’s

Jodie was lucky, I agree; her design played safe and was a bit twee. I didn't really like Hannah's design, not to my taste, but it was more ambitious. Adam's was well-designed and executed, but the top didn't really go with the bottom, it didn't look right together, although he did execute it well, in terms of colouring the scales in different colours, which was a lovely effect. But he's done sea creatures before, a bit of a one-trick pony. I preferred Steve's suitcases, really well engineered and executed, it's just a shamed it cracked slightly in the kiln, but it still functioned perfectly. I wondered if the cracks cost Steve top place, or whether, all things being equal, they would've given it to Adam anyway because his design was more complex? I think sometimes, there's less margin for error with something simplistic, it's less forgiving of errors.

Jodie was lucky, I agree; her design played safe and was a bit twee. I didn't really like Hannah's design, not to my taste, but it was more ambitious. Adam's was well-designed and executed, but the top didn't really go with the bottom, it didn't look right together, although he did execute it well, in terms of colouring the scales in different colours, which was a lovely effect. But he's done sea creatures before, a bit of a one-trick pony. I preferred Steve's suitcases, really well engineered and executed, it's just a shamed it cracked slightly in the kiln, but it still functioned perfectly. I wondered if the cracks cost Steve top place, or whether, all things being equal, they would've given it to Adam anyway because his design was more complex? I think sometimes, there's less margin for error with something simplistic, it's less forgiving of errors.

You've got me saying Sue when I mean Sal and now you're at it! He's Peter, not Steve.

This is like listening to a conversation between my mum and her bezzer :D

I wonder if it was a bit of a split vote between the judges there between Adam and Peter. It really could have gone either way.

Right result.

Adam’s bottom didn’t go with his top but his base was beautiful. Really the best put together one was Peter’s

Yeah I thought Adams two elements didn’t really gel, but preferred the top. Peter’s was definitely the best put together, and the rivets and straps were really well executed, and yet it didn’t delight me at all.
Ha just seen he’s Steve, not Peter.

Bit late to the discussion. But last week's Sal eviction felt a little contrived. Our house reckons that the Covid lockdown restrictions of the show, got too much for her and rather than having a mystery exit, the producers suggested, 'Okay Sal, go out as yourself, do your thang, with a deliberate brief breaker.' Then it all fits the format. Sal's back in Cornwall, no controversy. She was the winner for us.

They were cooped up together for weeks. We're all digging the closeness the contestants have but I reckon it got a bit much for some.

Absolutely. Adam's sink. Wow. I feel he really needs to win, he's been consistently brilliant.

Someone shared this on Twitter:

Keith Brymer Jones, Rolling Clay - his reworked version of Adele's Rolling in the Deep, I had to double and triple take, because I couldn't believe it was him at first.

Anyway, I Googled, and apparently in his youth, he was the lead singer in a punk band.

He's done a couple of other videos, including his version of Happy.

Back
Top Bottom