Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Great Pottery Throwdown

Right, I have decided that I will watch this. I love Bake Off and the Sewing Bee, so this is going to be more of the same sort of gig, I reckon.
I have tea and a nice cushion.
Slight diversion from thread,I like the sewing one and the glass making one too. I just love all the art ones and the baking ones, makes a nice change from the ones where they have to choose a partner, at least it's constructive, enjoyable and doesn't make people famous for being permissive

Glass blowing on Netflix, Blown Away.

Must watch it because it’s something I’ve always loved watching.

I’m following a few crafty YouTube channels if anyone wants suggestions
Wicked. Deffo going to check that out.

Hannah's Dolly Parton was really good - such a shame it blew up but I did also love bloke-from-brighton's Ozzy and Aron's one. I don't know why Keith cried over Jodie's Shirley Bassey - Sal's was way better

God, yes me neither ! I'd like to see that.
More potential for accidents.

At the end of my chemistry A'level we had some spare time so the teacher let us have a go at glass blowing. First instruction was to always stand up. 1 girl thought she knew better and sat down. A blob of molten glass fell off and went right through her skirt. Fortunately it didn't touch her skin. :eek: :(

Hannah's Dolly Parton was really good - such a shame it blew up but I did also love bloke-from-brighton's Ozzy and Aron's one. I don't know why Keith cried over Jodie's Shirley Bassey - Sal's was way better
Yes, Sal totally redeemed herself after the brass instrument disaster, didn't she.

Yes, Sal totally redeemed herself after the brass instrument disaster, didn't she.
That was the hardest one to do and at the end as they were all standing there I realised why she didn't rush into the scrum - she's tiny! Apart from that, I think she's been consistently very solid. I don't think she'll win though because she doesn't take the risks some of the others do

Yes, she's very good. But I think Aron, Hannah or Adam will win. They're consistently good, and risk takers too.

I like him :D

He's an eager beaver and knows his stuff but he's doing challenging work to commission in minimum time frames with occasionally little practice rather than relying on his known skills or experience as a framework

I had him as one to watch from start but then I also had the bloke voted off first as level pegging with him so :facepalm:

Oh dear, noone gets a casserole this week

Probably should have been off tonight but judges definitely have their favourites
Yes I was very surprised he didn't go this week.

Sal's tiles were great, and she deserved to win, but my favourite tiles were Adam's Brighton design. And that Welsh woman's one. Forgot her name...

Yes I was very surprised he didn't go this week.

Sal's tiles were great, and she deserved to win, but my favourite tiles were Adam's Brighton design. And that Welsh woman's one. Forgot her name...

Some good solid tiles, I'd have liked to have seen more of Hannahs leaf work, that felt a bit skimmed over. Wasn't easy to judge that round at all.

Yes I thought that Adam's tiles were the best actually - I think he deserved to score higher than Sal's (even though she's my favourite). It's a bit like Bake Off - they decide it mainly on the final thing and Henry had based his design on his shit tattoos. Shen Yu's swirly paint looked a bit half arsed.

I had no idea terracotta was so temperamental! I have much more respect for all the terracotta things I have now.

I loved Sal's chicken brick.

Incidentally, has anyone ever cooked a chicken in a brick?

I hear it's a real 1970s thing! I hadn't heard of it before this, despite being a 70s baby....

God, that Welsh woman has such a beautiful accent. I could listen to her all evening....

Anyway!

bye bye Henry! That was definitely the right decision. I think Hannah may go next.

I think the Welsh woman's water feature was stunning.... so beautiful! I also liked Adam's and Aron's.

I think for consistency though, it's going to be between Adam and Sal. They're both very strong at almost all of the challenges, with the occasional mishap.

Back
Top Bottom