Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Go on... rape her... she won't report it... [UniLad magazine article]

i said simplicity is preferably to complexity

i may have been a little exaggerated when i asked "when do complex rules work?"

but it comes from a real belife in the other statements

and seeing you don't say any of them are wrong i'm guessing you acknowledge at least some of it

simple good / complex bad is a simplifcation of what i said

ikt's a bit like the whole lies to children thing

the shell model of electrons

these are simplifications that aid us

sometimes they are not enough but they are a good place to start

ok

i feel those points are kinda common sense

something that is complex has more elements

if we belive it is possible for some thing to be wrong a proposition that has multiple element has more points that can be flawed that a simplistic one

if something can be misapplied the more opperttunities to missapply something the more likly it is to happen

tha#t is my take on things

Oxford Uni rugby team dickheads get relegated and banned from competing
my bold
http://www.independent.co.uk/studen...rugby-club-banned-from-competing-8922464.html
“This is an utter mess,” he said. “I am personally sorry for not having better judgement; I reacted too slowly in condemning the email and did not act as a proper leader.”

Kim, the former social secretary also apologised, saying, “I cannot be more sincere about my apology”.

“ I want to clarify that the club had no intentions of sexual harassment,” he added. “We were not planning on spiking drinks.”

In addition to the temporary ban and relegation, OURFC also recommended that “for the remainder of the academic year, the social side of PCRFC [should be] disbanded”.

Pembroke College’s JCR President Becky Howe said that the past few weeks had been “pretty horrible”.

“We can now make some really positive changes: we can be the college that stood up and said that there is a problem with lad culture. Hopefully other colleges and universities will follow suit.”

Sick humour is one thing between "mates"
But do it in public expect to be called on it.
Put it in an email as a member of a club put it up on a poster expect to be challenged on it etc etc.

is rape funny no niether is spiking drinks or sexual abuse if you think its acceptable your in the wrong.

don't you know by now it is not the man's fault!

either the woman was asking for it or didn't stop it happening so blates her fault

Stirling students singing on a bus full of young women about feeling a woman up, giving her their 'Jap's eye' and giving her a miscarriage among other things

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/stirling-university-students-slammed-over-2793941

Stirling uni investigating the hockey team who were responsible for this. Bus company, First Bus said this type of behaviour isn't tolerated on their buses, but there is no sign of the driver enforcing any kind of policy in that clip.

Article includes exceptionally poor attempt at an apology from one of the SU vice-presidents.

Pretty sickening all all - apart from young woman who can be heard proclaiming her disgust. If other passengers had been more vocal, perhaps they would have shut the fuck up.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/stirling-university-students-slammed-over-2793941

Stirling uni investigating the hockey team who were responsible for this. Bus company, First Bus said this type of behaviour isn't tolerated on their buses, but there is no sign of the driver enforcing any kind of policy in that clip.

Article includes exceptionally poor attempt at an apology from one of the SU vice-presidents.

Pretty sickening all all - apart from young woman who can be heard proclaiming her disgust. If other passengers had been more vocal, perhaps they would have shut the fuck up.

In fairness to the driver he or she probably gets abuse on a daily basis and didn't know how to tackle it.
Can't imagine ever thinking it would be ok to inflict shit like that on others...even when I was a teenager (and I weren't a saint) I'd have thought that was so fucking wrong.
Totally agree with you last bit though...it ain't as though they'd have been the only one either...all they had to do was back her up. Unfortunately I think people keep their head down so they don't get a load of shit thrown their way I guess.

In fairness to the driver he or she probably gets abuse on a daily basis and didn't know how to tackle it.
Can't imagine ever thinking it would be ok to inflict shit like that on others...even when I was a teenager (and I weren't a saint) I'd have thought that was so fucking wrong.
Totally agree with you last bit though...it ain't as though they'd have been the only one either...all they had to do was back her up. Unfortunately I think people keep their head down so they don't get a load of shit thrown their way I guess.
I can appreciate that the driver probably gets a lot of abuse, and that's not right either, but it's a bit rich for the bus company to say that this type of behaviour isn't tolerated when there was clearly no intervention from the driver whilst it was going on. Now, it's possible that he stopped the bus and they all got turfed off - used to happen with students when I was studying if they fucked the drivers off - it's just not seen on film, but I would have expected the bus company to come out and say so if that were the case.

Better to be a drunken arse singing stupid songs about miscarriages than to be a journalist paid to ring up miscarriage support groups and weasel some words of condemnation about the stupid song out of a volunteer so that you can pad out your stupid story about the stupid song with some extra outrage. A dozen times better.

I can appreciate that the driver probably gets a lot of abuse, and that's not right either, but it's a bit rich for the bus company to say that this type of behaviour isn't tolerated when there was clearly no intervention from the driver whilst it was going on. Now, it's possible that he stopped the bus and they all got turfed off - used to happen with students when I was studying if they fucked the drivers off - it's just not seen on film, but I would have expected the bus company to come out and say so if that were the case.

Agreed...sorry if I came across like I was criticising what you wrote as I didn't mean it that way...companies say things like this then as soon an employee says something to a punter they complain to the company and the employee is disciplined cos the punter is always right...kind of makes employees like the driver less likely to act...that's what i kind of meant really

equationgirl said:

He's perfectly within his rights to call BTP and let them deal with it. Which he should if other passengers feel threatened. Happens on trains all the time and buses are no different.

Better to be a drunken arse singing stupid songs about miscarriages than to be a journalist paid to ring up miscarriage support groups and weasel some words of condemnation about the stupid song out of a volunteer so that you can pad out your stupid story about the stupid song with some extra outrage. A dozen times better.

Really?

Perhaps only three times better. But how do you feel about the Daily Record's Gareth Jones and his search for someone who has had a miscarriage so that he can add colour and human interest to the story? You can't argue, surely, that he is anything other than a cunt of the first order?

Perhaps only three times better. But how do you feel about the Daily Record's Gareth Jones and his search for someone who has had a miscarriage so that he can add colour and human interest to the story? You can't argue, surely, that he is anything other than a cunt of the first order?

If you'd said that I'd not have answered cos i agree that that seems a shitty and thoughtless thing to do but speaking to a miscarriage support group volunteer seems ok if you want to educate about the possible damage "joking" about miscarriages can do

If you'd said that I'd not have answered cos i agree that that seems a shitty and thoughtless thing to do but speaking to a miscarriage support group volunteer seems ok if you want to educate about the possible damage "joking" about miscarriages can do

if you really believe that Jones wanted to educate, you are clearly a kind and good person who sees the best in others, and it would be a shame to disabuse you.

Back
Top Bottom