Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2023

How's it looking mudwise this morning? It's nice here now but we've had a fair bit of rain here in the southwest overnight ...

Ah good stuff. I know it doesn't take much to turn the place into a quagmire so that's good news.

1990 (I think?) was a weird year for that. Downpour on Thursday night brought loads of mud then blazing sunshine dried it all out the next day. Only time I've ever seen it happen though - usually once it's muddy it stays that way.

Hope it stays nice for you all from now on.

So my last was 2016 my first 1997 I now recall why I stopped coming , getting in and set up is the worst day of my life , I’m physically fucked , the ex wife rocked up to meet me and my son about 7pm and I had to bring everything in and set up both tents 🤦🏼‍♂️ next time its off site camping or nothing , I can’t do this anymore

IMG_8616.jpeg

<pops into thread to wish everyone there a brilliant time >:thumbs:

My first ever festival was the last Stonehenge one in 1984, so my first Glastonbury would have been 1985, in the late 90s it was getting too big for me, so I used to fence jump after the '97 super muddy year and just do a just one overnight stay, 2000 was my last - the year when part of the fence came down and the crowd basically doubled to an estimated 300k, it was very uncomfortable, an unlucky 13th Glastonbury* for me. The year after that disaster there was no festival, and in 2002 the super-fence appeared, so no more fence jumping.

*Basically I had gone every year from 1985 to 2000, but there was no festivals in '88, '91 & '96, 10 years paying for the whole weekend & 3 years of fence jumping for just one night.

Glad the weather is looking good, I'll never forget the worst ever year for mud in '97, but we still enjoyed it! :)

NEVER FORGET 1997!

11111 Glas 97.png

Last edited:
<pops into thread to wish everyone there a brilliant time >:thumbs:

My first ever festival was the last Stonehenge one in 1984, so my first Glastonbury would have been 1985, in the late 90s it was getting too big for me, so I used to fence jump after the '97 super muddy year and just do a just one overnight stay, 2000 was my last - the year when part of the fence came down and the crowd basically doubled to an estimated 300k, it was very uncomfortable, an unlucky 13th Glastonbury* for me. The year after that disaster there was no festival, and in 2002 the super-fence appeared, so no more fence jumping.

*Basically I had gone every year from 1985 to 2000, but there was no festivals in '88, '91 & '96, 10 years paying for the whole weekend & 3 years of fence jumping for just one night.

Glad the weather is looking good, I'll never forget the worst ever year for mud in '97, but we still enjoyed it! :)

NEVER FORGET 1997!

View attachment 380283
Worst mud for me was 2011 I think. So sticky. We had a kid wagon to drag as well and a pushchair. Must have been a lot fitter than I am now.

Back
Top Bottom