Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2023

Can anyone recommend places to register to volunteer for work. It's a long while since I last worked there with my eldest son for Workers Beer Company but I'm not sure that avenue i open to me thesedays. Now my youngest is interested in going but he and his friends missed out on tickets.

I've done Oxfam...where else is worth registering?

Good luck today to everyone after tents (but not tipis as I'm after one, not my idea)

So I had a bit of a wobble of late. My now former role on site is no longer my role, entirely unexpectedly and through no fault of my own. Too late to get a standard ticket, but it seems I have now sorted myself another role, one that is potentially even better. So a wobbly few weeks, but hopefully the longer term will be all the better for it.

I'm now allowing myself to look at the line up again. :)

When you receive an e-mail saying your application to volunteer has been successful, only to find you were on the wrong distribution list and in actual fact you're only on the waiting list. :mad:

Looks like I'm throwing myself at the mercy of the Resale Gods again!
:(

Got absolutely nowhere in the coach sale on Thursday. Got as far as the holding page, but no further.

However, in a strange quirk of fate, I received an e-mail this week confirming I AM crewing this year - WAHEY!

I will still be online tomorrow helping friends out with their tickets.

Sold out in 8 minutes. Only one of our group out of 5 was successful.

Not good. Not good at all. :(

I just got my ticket properly sorted today. I’d been promised it before, but now I know it’s all official. The oddest thing is that it looks like I’ll have a nice setup and nothing to do when on site, as all my work will be beforehand. I’ve literally not been working at least 14 hour days every day when on site for years now, and I have no idea how I feel about having nothing to do, other than it does feel odd.

Still, now I’m definitely going, as mentioned a while back I’d be keen to hold some sort of tribute to William of Walworth when on site. Would anyone else be up for joining in?

Still, now I’m definitely going, as mentioned a while back I’d be keen to hold some sort of tribute to William of Walworth when on site. Would anyone else be up for joining in?
I'd be up for that.

Hoping to land onsite Sunday the 18th, all being well.

Is there still a board meet?

i will be catchin up with all the old TOS boarders on the weds and thursday at some point. think bandstand weds/jazz stage thursday

If anyone has previously completed an application form with Oxfam and still wants to volunteer with them:

"
Glastonbury stewarding places will be opening at 11am this morning!
🎉

Once applications open, all you need to do is sign in to your account, choose your festival & pay a 100% refundable deposit
👉
https://bit.ly/3j7RSQ6

Good luck, we can't wait for even more of you to join us
💚
"

Only just heard about WoW. Really sorry to hear. Wondered why I hadn't seen him on the usual forums lately.
I haven't been to Glasto for over ten years and hadn't seen him for longer than that. A top guy. NFR NFC.

Haven’t been to Glastonbury for about 20 years , but going this year for my 10 yr wedding anniversary! Just had a look at the map and it’s a very different place these days….

Any idea where might be good for 40- somethings to camp :D

Also definitely won’t be the same without William

Haven’t been to Glastonbury for about 20 years , but going this year for my 10 yr wedding anniversary! Just had a look at the map and it’s a very different place these days….

Any idea where might be good for 40- somethings to camp :D

Also definitely won’t be the same without William
Have a look here for a few pointers on the various campsites:

Last edited:
I can remember when Glastonbury threads used to have pages in the teens , with at least 3 taken up by Williams weather reports , I have been absent from Urban for a while but popped back in to see if there was a meet -up , so sad to see the passing of WOW , a true Glastonbury stalwart . Count me in for a raised glass to “ the Special one “

Just back from Bearded, so I'll look at the Glastonbury line up in due course. I'm not good with pre-planning. Decide on the day mostly works for me. But the Glastonbury line up is too big for that.

Back
Top Bottom