Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Coronavirus (COVID-19) chat

Poor niche joke based on omni- meaning every, in particular in this case in ‘omnipresent’, and -cron, a program running on some computers, particularly servers, that schedules and runs automated processes in the background, and combining this misinterpretation of the misspelling with the standard loonspuddery thinking of the antivaxxer, leads to this being why they’re so scared of omicron.

Anyway, cabbie this morning was bloody lovely, said he wished all customers would pre-request that the driver wear a mask, cos he's sick to death of passengers trying to get in without a mask, telling him he doesn't need to wear one, and mithering him to take his off!! We had a grand conversation :D

Anyway, cabbie this morning was bloody lovely, said he wished all customers would pre-request that the driver wear a mask, cos he's sick to death of passengers trying to get in without a mask, telling him he doesn't need to wear one, and mithering him to take his off!! We had a grand conversation :D
We had to get a plumber around recently and when they arrived (there was 2) I asked them to put on a mask but they said they were exempt (2 youngish healthy lads), I said you're not coming in unless you wear a mask so there was a bit of a Mexican standoff in the doorway. I declined their services and they still tried to charge us for the call-out charge, lol.. go fuck yourselves.

We had to get a plumber around recently and when they arrived (there was 2) I asked them to put on a mask but they said they were exempt (2 youngish healthy lads), I said you're not coming in unless you wear a mask so there was a bit of a Mexican standoff in the doorway. I declined their services and they still tried to charge us for the call-out charge, lol.. go fuck yourselves.

Yeah, it's hard not to notice there seem to be lots of women in relationships with young men who have serious health conditions as she's wearing a mask and the man isn't so must be medically exempt...

Good on you! I should have refused to get in. I will if it happens again.

In town yesterday for first time in a few weeks and a sense that people are actually taking it seriously. At an exhibition and didn't see anyone without a mask, which I think is a first in a public place.

Yeah, a difference I've noticed is the amount of people wearing masks in outside areas. Even at the height of other peaks I don't think saw that so much?

Yeah, a difference I've noticed is the amount of people wearing masks in outside areas. Even at the height of other peaks I don't think saw that so much?
I dunno I think people do it a lot when it's cold.

When I first got on the tube there was 1 3rd of carriage where no one sitting there was wearing a mask and everyone who was wearing masks sat in the other two sections. By centre of town I think almost everyone in carriage was wearing.

O FFS, I have the 'rona. I went for a test yesterday after feeling a bit dodgy all weekend. Not seriously expecting a positive...and oddly, sweetheart is still coming up negative. Aaaaannnnd immediately, that slight sore throat is now feeling a heap more noticeable. And I am definitely more achy now than I was 30 minutes ago (pre=test results).I am also in a bit of turmoil about sweetheart. It's not like we have a large house and can isolate within it...we spent all last night snuggled under the quilt so I can't really see any value in sleeping on the sofa and having all the windows open in the (already) freezing house.

Christmas fucked too.

What a pair of arrogant cunts. Nice one for refusing them entry and ultimately their business. I shouldn't be amazed that there's still wankers playing the 'I'm exempt' card and thinking you'll just accept it but I am. Mind you it's funny to see their reaction when you don't. I'll never forget the look on one bloke's face when he said 'I'm exempt' and I replied 'but you're not though are you,' it was very similar to this:

giphy.gif

Not sure how much this reflects their age etc demographic as a whole but this is pretty :eek:.

'The EFL also released figures about vaccination among its players as a quarter of players remain unvaccinated and are refusing to get a jab. This compares with 59% who are double-jabbed, with 19% either single-jabbed or willing to take the vaccine.%

What a pair of arrogant cunts. Nice one for refusing them entry and ultimately their business. I shouldn't be amazed that there's still wankers playing the 'I'm exempt' card and thinking you'll just accept it but I am. Mind you it's funny to see their reaction when you don't. I'll never forget the look on one bloke's face when he said 'I'm exempt' and I replied 'but you're not though are you,' it was very similar to this:

giphy.gif
I know how tempting it is to express disbelief but you really don’t know if you could be calling out someone with a hidden disability, so be careful

I just did an LFT as I was a little concerned whether I was just experiencing a temperature as the long tail end of a bad cold from last week, or if it could be 'rona, especially given sweaty nights (which have been bad this week) have been mentioned as characteristic of Omicron, but looks like it's just end of the cold. I also haven't slept properly for the best part of a week and couldn't quite tell if I'm lack-of-sleep tired or viral tired. But I'm not meeting with anyone until Monday and just wanted the doubt out of the way.

I know how tempting it is to express disbelief but you really don’t know if you could be calling out someone with a hidden disability, so be careful
You're right but I was certain this cunt didn't have a hidden disability because I'd politely asked him on two separate occasions before I confronted him to wear a mask and he didn't say anything. In fact on both occasions he said he'd wear one next time. He also buys tobacco every visit and tried to claim he had a lung condition as reason for his exemption.

Last edited:
I went to see my friends' new baby tonight I'm all vaxxed up and working from home and LFTed before I went.

But my friend's brother and wife are anti-vaxxers and he's about to tell them they're not comfortable with them visiting. It's v probably about to get v difficult. :(

Back
Top Bottom