Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Coronavirus (COVID-19) chat

Maybe it's the metal bit that goes round your nose and helps it fit better?
Yeah, just googled it.

some kind of plastic frame that fits over the top and squeezes it against your face to improve the fit. Strange I’m only learning about these so far into a pandemic, would’ve thought they’d be all the rage if they are cheap and improve protection

I went to see my friends' new baby tonight I'm all vaxxed up and working from home and LFTed before I went.

But my friend's brother and wife are anti-vaxxers and he's about to tell them they're not comfortable with them visiting. It's v probably about to get v difficult. :(
My sister and her partner have the same issue with one of the partner's sisters family seeing their new baby. It's not just that the sister and boyfriend are covid-deniers, unvaxxed, anti-masking and anti-social-distancing, but her kids have not had their childhood vaccinations at all!

A fair point here I think.

Yes, I make points like that. In the form of stuff like: When it comes to healthcare we need to spend a greater proportion of GDP on it, and increase capacity. Problem is things have been going in the other direction for a long time and the pandemic has depleted capacity further. And the priorities of the UK establishment suck. And they just cant be bothered to do other stuff properly, the situation in schools was a disgrace compared to what was done in many countries. The press in the UK dont help either, they play into the shit priorities, the distortions, the ugly games.

And I dont know for how many years we could be stuck in the same pandemic loop before changes to some of the above would properly come onto the agenda. And in the meantime various parameters of the pandemic probably will change, including more treatment options and a different population immunity picture, providing further reasons for the establishment to ignore the other stuff for longer.

So since the NHS says we should report negative lateral flow tests as well as positive, I decided to do so today.

There’s a QR code printed on the test strip thingy, so I assumed it would at the least take me to the government’s Covid website, and since I ordered the test kit from my government Covid account, perhaps even link it to my profile automatically. So I pointed my phone camera to get things rolling.

I guess I was naive of me to expect that much. On the plus side, I now know how many Libyan dinars £11m will buy me :thumbs:

30965A0D-E674-4829-8B31-F34A80373F24.jpeg

So since the NHS says we should report negative lateral flow tests as well as positive, I decided to do so today.

There’s a QR code printed on the test strip thingy, so I assumed it would at the least take me to the government’s Covid website, and since I ordered the test kit from my government Covid account, perhaps even link it to my profile automatically. So I pointed my phone camera to get things rolling.

I guess I was naive of me to expect that much. On the plus side, I now know how many Libyan dinars £11m will buy me :thumbs:

View attachment 302028
Just Google 'report Covid test' and you'll find it. The QR code is just the test ID number (which is also printed on the test)

Focus on the page titled 'Report Your Results'
i swear it wasn’t on there when I did my first test! The one I’ve just got out of a newer test has REPORT ALL YOUR TEST RESULTS TO THE NHS on a banner at the bottom of every page!
Either it wasn’t there at first or I must have just assumed that it only meant positive results. Either is as likely as the other :oops:
Either way, they need to be a bit clearer somehow, so divs like me get the memo.

Just Google 'report Covid test' and you'll find it. The QR code is just the test ID number (which is also printed on the test)
Didn’t know that. But the actual number is printed underneath, so the QR code seems a bit pointless. I guess it makes copying and pasting possible and saves having to type the number manually, though in my case it’s an unfortunate coincidence that it triggered Google to provide me with an exchange rate, and filled my phone screen with shit loads of additional numbers:D

Just done mine. It’s highly irritating that after logging in you still have to provide no fewer than 4-5 answers to questions they most certainly know. That’s bound to put off some people. What’s the of logging in securely if you have to confirm your ethnic background, address and gender every single time?

You don't need your NHS number but can easily find that online here

You can backdate one day
I don’t think I can even backdate one day as the kit from yesterday is all in the bin as instructed/imagined.
I’ve got the NHS in my NHS app already. Wish I could remember it like all the other important numbers, but somehow it never stays

Just done mine. It’s highly irritating that after logging in you still have to provide no fewer than 4-5 answers to questions they most certainly know. That’s bound to put off some people. What’s the of logging in securely if you have to confirm your ethnic background, address and gender every single time?
Set up an NHS account and you don't have to anymore.

Back
Top Bottom