Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Coronavirus (COVID-19) chat

For reasons I can't explain, I can remember my old NHS number (the one in the format ABCDE 12) but not the current 10 digit one.
I can remember about half a dozen mobile numbers, loads of obsolete phone numbers, my bank card and account details, as well as old obsolete ones, my NI number and lots of obsolete passwords, but not my NHS number, people’s birthdays or whatever boring shit someone just said to me

I can remember about half a dozen mobile numbers, loads of obsolete phone numbers, my bank card and account details, as well as old obsolete ones, my NI number and lots of obsolete passwords, but not my NHS number, people’s birthdays or whatever boring shit someone just said to me

So, someone on here is going to have to remind you to report your result, every time you do a LFT?

I'm feeling vindicated in wearing a good mask when visiting nursery settings in the last couple weeks. I felt like a fool being the only person wearing a mask and a bit mean on small children to be so masked up all morning but my students are reporting that they and majority of staff in two nurseries have had covid and I didn't get it

if I get covid now, it won't be from those nursery visits

Wow, one by one, lots of people I know have been testing positive for Covid, including myself :oops: My symptoms seem to be pointing towards Omicron - mad sneezing, runny nose and lightly fatigued... I'm triple vaccinated + flu vaccine but in the end Xmas will be spent at home with husband, not seeing relatives, but at least all the vaccines make me feel confident that I won't end up hospital (fingers crossed)... I hope this is over quickly and maybe New Year will be a big party? If almost everyone I know is getting it now, then why not party for NY?

I took a test yesterday, then one today to confirm (Lateral flow) and took a PCR test this morning. Wondering if that would count as 3 covid cases in the stats or just 1. ;)

Last edited:
What's the latest on the origin story of covid? I've been reading the Lancet journal, and the past 2 editions have got articles by Richard Horton casting doubt on the zoo topic theory, and implying legitimacy for the Wuhan lab leak theory (deliberate or accidental), even though this theory seems to have started with Donald Trump.

What's the latest on the origin story of covid? I've been reading the Lancet journal, and the past 2 editions have got articles by Richard Horton casting doubt on the zoo topic theory, and implying legitimacy for the Wuhan lab leak theory (deliberate or accidental), even though this theory seems to have started with Donald Trump.

We dont know, its not clear if we will ever know.

Both possibilities were always plausible but the mainstream decided to write one possibility off as a conspiracy theory. However there was an about-face (in May 2021 if I remember correctly) and the mainstream had to acknowledge that the lab accident theory was actually possible and not something that should have been dismissed.

There is a dedicated thread for this:

Origins of SarsCoV-2 virus, does it matter & why?

Home PCR test question:

I ordered a home test kit post exposure ping, there were no walk in options at that point but it suggested checking back later.

I did check back later and a slot had come up so I went to the walk in.

Home test kit arrived 2 days later.

Can someone else use this test kit?
As I’ve had negative PCR, and have finished isolation so don’t need it myself.

Whereas a friend’s nephew has tested positive & she is waiting on a home test kit… can she use mine as it’s available right now?

Home PCR test question:

I ordered a home test kit post exposure ping, there were no walk in options at that point but it suggested checking back later.

I did check back later and a slot had come up so I went to the walk in.

Home test kit arrived 2 days later.

Can someone else use this test kit?
As I’ve had negative PCR, and have finished isolation so don’t need it myself.

Whereas a friend’s nephew has tested positive & she is waiting on a home test kit… can she use mine as it’s available right now?
Yes, anyone can use your test kit.

And Scotlands numbers were too low yesterday due to an issue so they've fixed them.

And I cannot report on latest hospital situation yet because, to quote the dashboard....

Due to a processing delay, the update does not include new healthcare data for England. Data will be added later.

And Scotlands numbers were too low yesterday due to an issue so they've fixed them.

And I cannot report on latest hospital situation yet because, to quote the dashboard....
Although my local NHS trust, which was previously showing admissions only up to the 12th, seems to be showing up to the 19th now.

Although my local NHS trust, which was previously showing admissions only up to the 12th, seems to be showing up to the 19th now.
Yes the weekly publication of per trust data does seem to have made it to the dashboard, unlike the regional and national figures.

I got the latest London figure from the NHS website instead, and its not very different to yesterdays so I'm now getting ready to take a mini Christmas break from all my usual waffle. Unless there is anything which requires comment in tomorrows figures, I'll resume at some point from next Tuesday when hospital data publication resumes, or even later if there is nothing that adds notably to the picture straight away.

(that NHS source I mentioned: Statistics » COVID-19 Hospital Activity )

Back
Top Bottom