Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Coronavirus (COVID-19) chat

With the latest batch of lateral flow tests my partner ordered came a PCR test as well which she was to do at the same time as the next lateral flow test and of course report the result of the LFT online and send the PCR test back for testing in the lab.

This of course makes sense as an investigation to check how reliable the results from the tests are and how they match up. So far so good.

What was slightly strange is that she didn't get the PCR result back for over a week. Fortunately it came back negative but it would have been a bit of a bummer if it was positive, maybe they would have contacted us earlier? Bit strange though.

With the latest batch of lateral flow tests my partner ordered came a PCR test as well which she was to do at the same time as the next lateral flow test and of course report the result of the LFT online and send the PCR test back for testing in the lab.

This of course makes sense as an investigation to check how reliable the results from the tests are and how they match up. So far so good.

What was slightly strange is that she didn't get the PCR result back for over a week. Fortunately it came back negative but it would have been a bit of a bummer if it was positive, maybe they would have contacted us earlier? Bit strange though.

Paid PCR?

Paid PCR?

No. It came with some NHS lateral flow tests. I guess it was part of their surveillance on how effective the LFT's are.

Edit: I may have the terminology wrong but it was a test you would get from the NHS if you suspected you had covid, one that needs sending to a lab. I think they are the PCR ones?

No. It came with some NHS lateral flow tests. I guess it was part of their surveillance on how effective the LFT's are.
It is unusual for the NHS to be so slow but no unheard of. At the moment schools/colleges/universities are doing PCR rather than bubbles/isolating so the number of PCR tests has increased a lot.

I doubt the funding for said increase is not enough to cope.

Edit: I may have the terminology wrong but it was a test you would get from the NHS if you suspected you had covid, one that needs sending to a lab. I think they are the PCR ones?

No, that's an antibody test, no urgency with them, TBH.

Yes, it defo wasn't an antibody test. It was directly linked to doing a LFT at the same time so they could compare results.

Yes, it defo wasn't an antibody test. It was directly linked to doing a LFT at the same time so they could compare results.

Fair enough, it was 'if you suspected you had covid', rather than 'have', that made me think it was an antibody test, as that's what they are for.

Good time to relax travel restrictions :thumbs:

Totally misleading, they are quoting increases reported today compared to last Friday, a comparison of just one day to another.

The reported 7-average of deaths in the last week are actually up by +5.1%, not more than 20%.

My neighbour and I are fencing our two gardens together (he does it professionally) and it will involve carrying the materials through his house.
They have two small children - one at school, one at daycare - where she also works - and the grandparents are in and out a lot - all vaccinated and I am sure very responsible.

I have zero contact with other people outside of the supermarket , so it will be quite unusual for me if I don't wear a mask in their house ... but I wonder how they would take it ...

:hmm: :hmm:

My neighbour and I are fencing our two gardens together (he does it professionally) and it will involve carrying the materials through his house.
They have two small children - one at school, one at daycare - where she also works - and the grandparents are in and out a lot - all vaccinated and I am sure very responsible.

I have zero contact with other people outside of the supermarket , so it will be quite unusual for me if I don't wear a mask in their house ... but I wonder how they would take it ...

:hmm: :hmm:
I think your risk of catching it in the 10 seconds it takes to walk through a house is virtually nonexistent.

Back
Top Bottom