Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Coronavirus (COVID-19) chat

So, at work I get a call - telling me that one of my colleagues has tested positive. I have to pick-up the work of another colleague who was due down here this afternoon. Fine.

Now, the positive colleague's line manager is sitting right beside me and didn't know a thing about it!

Teams calls are a great thing..! :D

Is there any evidence that vaccination weakens natural immunity if you've already had the lurgy? Consiparloon relative is trumpetting this and I can usual find the source and why it's bollocks to her shite in 5 mins but I can't find either for this

Any links? Thanks
Some studies found "superhuman immunity" in people who were infected with COVID and later received an mRNA vaccine - not sure why link below is appearing as a media file but if you click on the headline you will get the text.

Story below links to a few more studies:

Antibody levels are really variable after recovering from infections, and those at the lower end of the spectrum might be more susceptible to reinfections,” said Deepta Bhattacharya, a professor of immunology at the University of Arizona. “But after a single vaccine in people who have recovered from Covid-19, antibodies skyrocket up, including those that neutralize variants of concern.”

Last edited:
Interesting example of 'asking the correct question is more important than getting the correct answer" there.

A phrase that confused me for a while but I'm often reminded of it after an unsuccessful DIY attempt.

This week I've come down with a cold for the first time since Feb 2019. Probably no coincidence that it comes after a weekend where i did a few 'risky' things that I've been avoiding until now.

Have to confess on a self interested level i was quite disappointed to get a negative on a lateral flow test as it would be quite good to know I've had it and had it without severe symptoms.

A few of my staff are really suffering with colds

I've had one for a week. My children brought it back from school.

As I'm WFH, I'm still working. If I was office based, I'd have needed a few days off.

For the last few days, I've woken up thinking its gone but the symptoms return and I'm on my third hanky by 10am

Today seems OK so far. Fingers crossed

Has anyone actually had COVID spotted by lateral flow when they had no symptoms? I know plenty of people where it's confirmed once they are feeling off or downright ill, but I don't think I know anyone who's taken a test when asymptomatic and found they've got it.

Has anyone actually had COVID spotted by lateral flow when they had no symptoms? I know plenty of people where it's confirmed once they are feeling off or downright ill, but I don't think I know anyone who's taken a test when asymptomatic and found they've got it.

My uncle showed up as positive on an LFT with no symptoms, confirmed by a PCR. Although he was taking it because my aunt was showing symptoms (loss of taste and smell mainly with some mild cold type symptoms) not just to check.

Having to do son every day this week due to infections in class and a bit traumatic because he really can't stand it - what with the adhd I think he's extra sensitive to having stuff stuck in his face poor sod.

Having to do son every day this week due to infections in class and a bit traumatic because he really can't stand it - what with the adhd I think he's extra sensitive to having stuff stuck in his face poor sod.
I'm normally pretty stoical about medical stuff being shoved in orifices, but I have found the tonsil'n'nostril thing almost unbearable to do... :( And I'm 57.

Nephew has positive lft yesterday but was already feeling rough - his older sister had it over summer, so she'll be ok. Brother hoping his and wife's vax holds this time as well.

All the time

Back
Top Bottom