Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

Fucking hell, do you think that really is Rippon?, that bloke with her .........he's computer generated surely

"the lower end of the income range" - absolute Partridge.

Everytime I see that farage smile, watch his face collapse into a neauseating rictus, i want to burn it off with fire made of wasps and nightmares
Yeah. You can watch him repeating the same nauseating talking points. ’Do you think we should tax the rich more (smirk meaning ‘I’m playing the game oik hahaha!’)?

I’ve posted this before but if you haven’t seen it it’s definitely worth a look if you want to see the ruthless depravity and cynicism of Farage and his Brexiteers.

My friends on GB news this morning, singing and driving a cab and being interviewed by Michael portillo. About 11.30. If anyone sees could they tape it.
He (Portillo) looks so miserable this morning. A bit of a wreck even. Clearly the outdoor life on the trains suits him better. He must be desperate to do this GB News job.

did you see my friends bit?
Thank you for posting. As it happens GB News has suddenly discovered its audience is elderly and deaf - so they now have subtitles (unlike TalkTV)
I must confess I was actually watching your friend but listening to the incredibly camp Edward Edinful on Desert Island Discs.
Still now you have posted it I can listen to your friend making Mr Portillo smile (thank God).

I don't know who Lisa McKenzie is or why she appeared on GB News, but the fact that she wrote for a lolbertarian contrarian rag like Spiked isn't a good sign.
She's a voice of dissent on GB News and gets alot of flak from right wing viewers in the YouTube channel comments. She's written for Spiked and elsewhere to reach the working class people who will be reading. She's certainly not confined to an echo chamber that's for sure.

Last edited:
I haven't bothered to check their viewing figures for months, TBH I had somewhat forgotten about GB News, anyway here's the BARB figures for Nov., basically GBN has flat-lined, and is well short of their intention to beat Sky News, in fact they are only reaching just over 50% of viewers compared to Sky Sports News.

It's not just the piss poor audience reach of 3.99% against Sky News on 13.58%, but the average minutes spent daily watching is just 0.39 compared to 1.18, although I guess they will be pleased that they are beating TalkTV, which is even more of a failure.

1l.png

I don't really understand these average daily minutes figures - presumably there are some who watch for a couple of hours which must take the average up so to get an average of 10 or even 30 seconds a lot of others must be just tuning in by mistake and flicking past?

I don't really understand these average daily minutes figures - presumably there are some who watch for a couple of hours which must take the average up so to get an average of 10 or even 30 seconds a lot of others must be just tuning in by mistake and flicking past?

Probably more a case of people channel hopping and landing on it once during the month for a couple of minutes before it dawns on them there's a bloody good reason why they don't normally watch it, basically, what's this shit? Then moving on again. :D

Channel hopping during the 3 hour Marriage of Figaro megathon at 6 am on Sty Arrs I spotted this piece of schlock ersatz documentary on "Blaze" 64 - prop. The History Channel:

Attack of the Ice Gnomes​

Sightings of small human-like figures have coincided with missing persons reports within the Alaska Triangle. Could there be a tribe of vicious, carnivorous gnomes roaming the state's untamed interior? The team follows a trail that could lead them directly into an ice cave, the den of these deadly creatures.

Mark Steyn, where are you?

Oh! this is on his website:
Thank you for all your good wishes to Mark at this difficult time. He continues to convalesce from his brace of heart attacks, but a crackerjack guest-host will be in the chair, and, once Big Ben strikes eight, you can shoot him your comments on the show at gbviews@gbnews.uk or via Twitter, and he'll respond live on air. The Steyn Show had a very strong week last week, so we certainly hope you'll want to dial us up again tonight.

Yes he says he had the first one when presenting his show but didnt recognise it as a heart attack. He had the second one in France and is stuck there receiving treatment.

Fucking nasty loons

Here's the full article.

On-air misinformation from GB News is also having real world influence. A recent spate of reports falsely representing that a traffic-calming measure in Oxfordshire was a "climate lockdown" went viral and resulted in abuse being directed at council staff.

This all leaves a headache for Ofcom. It does regulate a little: there are two active investigations against the channel, both against Steyn. Last spring he wrongly said that having additional Covid vaccines was killing people and slammed a "media silence" on the issue. And in October Steyn's guest, the seldom accurate Naomi Wolf, claimed women were being harmed by Covid vaccines. But the watchdog can't catch everything: it is complaints-based, and as most viewers in the GB News echo chamber are unlikely to take issue with the content, much of its output goes unmonitored.

OFCOM needs to start a proper investigation into the whole output of GBN, with proper monitoring, rather than wait for complaints to be made.

Last edited:
I read this in Private Eye as well. The problem being that GB News viewers aren't minded to complain like BBC viewers so Ofcom doesn't investigate.
Flicking through the channels the other day I saw some terrible conversation between Farage and some unimportant Conservative transport spokesperson. It amounted to climate change denial with no balance in the conversation. Do we all have to collectively complain or this won't be taken seriously ?:mad:

I read this in Private Eye as well. The problem being that GB News viewers aren't minded to complain like BBC viewers so Ofcom doesn't investigate.
Flicking through the channels the other day I saw some terrible conversation between Farage and some unimportant Conservative transport spokesperson. It amounted to climate change denial with no balance in the conversation. Do we all have to collectively complain or this won't be taken seriously ?:mad:
I think the general idea is srarions such as GB News and Talk TV don't have to be balanced. Wasn't this a harebrained idea of the Nadine Dorries defund the BBC mob?
Now they've opened the box the genie won't go back in. Rupert Murdoch and the Brexit loving Putin lapdogs from GB News will see to that.

I watched Prince Harry tonight and fully agree with what he said about the British tabloid press. Now the cancer has spread to the airwaves.

Back
Top Bottom