Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

I’m watching GB News now. Dan Wootacunt telling lies about brexit. One remainer being reasonable. General feeling that shit is being talked.

He has the eyes of a serial killer. Dead cold eyes. If it turns out he murders people as a hobby, while dressed as a nazi wearing leather gimp pants, i won’t be surprised.

This was odd and nauseating Boris does sit-down interview.... on GB News with two Tory MPs

The Prime Minister interviewed by Esther McVeigh and Philip Davies, Tory ultra-right backbenchers who married each other in 2020.

The format was a bit like Sky's Sunday Morning, where you got bits of interview, then the analysis by a thuggish looking commentator from Conservative Home.
How is this sort of qualified Nazi fawning an enhancement of our media freedom?

"And of course, as always, I'll be joined by my SUPERSTAR PANEL... the aspiring Poundland Candace Owens and conservative commentator Beyoncé Smith, the journalist and unbearable liberal centrist shitcunt Oscar Guardianista and the Twitter conspiraloon and failed Reform UK London Assembly candidate Barry Bollocks... all on DAN WOOTTON TONIGHT"

Remember the launch of GB News with their 'star', Andrew Neil, broadcasting from what seemed to be a shipping container painted black on the inside?

2k.jpeg

Looks like TalkTV is taking the piss out of them, by going to the opposite extreme...

2kk.jpg

BARB has changed what data the public can see, the weekly figures disappeared a while ago, the top 15 programmes per channel is now only available to subscribers, but monthly viewing figures are now available, these for for Feb. 2022.

2kkk.png

Considering they were aiming to beat Sky News and become a challenger to BBC News, you can see that they have totally failed.

BARB has changed what data the public can see, the weekly figures disappeared a while ago, the top 15 programmes per channel is now only available to subscribers, but monthly viewing figures are now available, these for for Feb. 2022.

View attachment 318186

Considering they were aiming to beat Sky News and become a challenger to BBC News, you can see that they have totally failed.
But they've got 2.6 million viewers and don't look like they're going anywhere soon. A long way from the predictions being made on this thread when they started.

But they've got 2.6 million viewers and don't look like they're going anywhere soon. A long way from the predictions being made on this thread when they started.

That is the total that dip in at some point during the month, for an average of 34 seconds a day, it doesn't help with their incredibly low viewing figures at any given time, e.g. the breakfast show peaking at an average of around 47,000 viewers, will not have the advertisers knocking at their door, and likewise with their top performer, Farage, peaking at under 100,000, because he's too toxic for major brands. And, with TalkTV launching in a couple of weeks, that's likely to impact on their viewing figures too.

They are losing a fortune, and probably eating up the 2-years funding they had up front faster than expected due to the lack of advertising revenue coming in. Their ad breaks are still normally only 2 minutes/3 times an hour, compared with 4 minutes/4 times an hour at launch, sold by Sky Media as part of a bundle of other channels with low viewing figures, at rock bottom prices in basically an auction. They did briefly have a sponsor for their weather, which is probably the only advertiser that had been specifically sold air time on GBN, but even they have disappeared.

I dipped in briefly the other day, 4 ads in the break, one for Sky Glass and one for Sky Broadband, Sky will be paying next to nothing for those spots, basically they are just mopping up unsold airtime at the lowest possible rates. I remember reading one article, where a airtime buyer said they would be surprised if they are even averaging £5 per 30-second ad across the 24 hours. *Just checked again, and the same, 2 ads for Sky and 2 for direct sales businesses, no major brands, no real money coming in.

And, now their largest investor, Discovery, have completed their merger with WarnerMedia, owners of CNN, I doubt they will get further funding from them.

Just did a check to hear what's going out on the GB News Radio national DAB channel, when ads are played out on the TV, and it's still just promos for their own programmes, no paid advertising whatsoever.

So, they are still pissing money down the drain with the radio service, as I've said before, it's bizarre having the radio service without anyone selling ads for it, Sky Media doesn't represent radio stations and they haven't got their own sales team. 🤷‍♂️

Looks like TalkTV is taking the piss out of them, by going to the opposite extreme...

View attachment 318158

Looks like an impressive set.

The Talk TV logo however is terrible. It's like something I could've knocked up in 5 minutes using MS WordArt.

talktv_1.jpg

So bloody predictable...

Don't know much about this guy, but according to the interweb he is a Daily Mail columnist who was a video games correspondent.
And he feels his candidacy to be an Anglican priest was blocked because he was "too conservative" on trans issues.

He obviously feels management at the CofE have snubbed him.
I would say that management have every right to be cautious,
Appoint the wrong person and all hell breaks loose if they have the wrong political obsessions.
Looks at this one Stephen Sizer - Wikipedia

I don't see Calvin Robinson's views as compatible with the CofE position on very much - so why doesn't he joint the Russian Orthodox, and stop bleating?

Apols to anyone who's seen this before, but it's new to me and it's astonishing. GB news presenter arguing with someone from Insulate Britain.

ETA: Just realised it's not actually GB News, but it's the same kind of nonsense, and it's funny so I'll leave it here.

Back
Top Bottom