Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

French magazine publishes controversial cartoons of Prophet Muhammad - many killed in revenge attack

In France the government have made a law which means a perfectly law abiding citizen could be forced to stay at home because she doesn't want to show her face in public. If this women goes out, is arrested and refuses to pay the fine she could end up imprisoned for life. Nudity laws are bad enough.

against my previous stated 'I'm out' I'm going to have to respond because I can't help myself. He targeted the youth camp of a labour party precisely because he saw them as fifth columnist muslim terror enablers in league with the wider zionist conspiracy. He made no bones about why he did what he did. He murdered the kids at utoya because he sees the left as an enabling force in the mythical clash of civilisations that exists in his head.

True, but you either keep ignoring or missing the point. He doesn't actually see ALL Jews and Muslims as the enemy...if he did, he would have gone after such people directly.

He's a nationalist. A zionist (or at least a moderate one) is also a nationalist, in that they want Jewish state, with Jews living separately to Christians and Muslims.

Someone who believes that religions are dynamics in big problem, exasperated by those who wear a certain political colours, is not some kind of religious nut job.

There is no Christian priests or anyone inside any Christian churches that are acting as a catalyst for lone nationalist wolves.

You may not like it, but Islam is a bigger factor in terrorism than Christianity is.

In France the government have made a law which means a perfectly law abiding citizen could be forced to stay at home because she doesn't want to show her face in public. If this women goes out, is arrested and refuses to pay the fine she could end up imprisoned for life. Nudity laws are bad enough.

I doubt a Muslim woman in a burka is going to venture out if it means looking at men walking around naked.

True, but you either keep ignoring or missing the point. He doesn't actually see ALL Jews and Muslims as the enemy...if he did, he would have gone after such people directly.

He's a nationalist. A zionist (or at least a moderate one) is also a nationalist, in that they want Jewish state, with Jews living separately to Christians and Muslims.

Someone who believes that religions are dynamics in big problem, exasperated by those who wear a certain political colours, is not some kind of religious nut job.

There is no Christian priests or anyone inside any Christian churches that are acting as a catalyst for lone nationalist wolves.

You may not like it, but Islam is a bigger factor in terrorism than Christianity is.

Are you taking the piss? The US has bombed the shit out of the Koreans, Vietnamese, the Middle East, parts of South America etc to impose their version of civility with a mix of puritanical Christianity thrown in.

All this talk of "freedom of speech" and having "the right" to do this or that is a bit misleading frankly.

They don't exist, at least not universally.

Rights don't mean shit unless you have the power to exercise them.
Yep - i've tried to avoid that approach. It's prob better to talk in terms of our power to stop people limiting and tying down our ability, our power to criticise them/others.

Nope, I have addressed your point and finally wrung a 'true' from you- because you were talking balls. Again. I could list you a dozen 'christian' acts of violence- ones that would be decried by 90% of christians just as this weeks events are decreid by most all of the earths 1.6 bln muslims. You just want your 'islam is evil' badge because it saves thinking

You may not like it but Christianity is a bigger factor in cultural imperialism, regime change, invasion and drone-killing than Islam is.:)

etc

Great, now we get Islam vs Christianity (and a particularly crude vision of the latter) i have to say. ffs.

You may not like it but Christianity is a bigger factor in cultural imperialism, regime change, invasion and drone-killing than Islam is.:)

Nope it is not. For the main reason that I already outlined. I know where you're coming from, the way that the perps will point to Christian scripture etc, but you won't find a single priest out there that is complicit in imperialism, regime change, invasion or drone killing.

On the other hand you can't say the same for Muslim clerics. That's the difference.

248C605C00000578-0-image-a-8_1420832236942.jpg

Ugh

Nope it is not. For the main reason that I already outlined. I know where you're coming from, the way that the perps will point to Christian scripture etc, but you won't find a single priest out there that is complicit in imperialism, regime change, invasion or drone killing.

On the other hand you can't say the same for Muslim clerics. That's the difference.

How about our Lords Spiritual?

breivik was raised in order to show the futility of seeing acts of violence through the prism solely of a religion. Not as a crap vs match. You slade, are the one determined to make this a muslim crime.

Are you taking the piss? The US has bombed the shit out of the Koreans, Vietnamese, the Middle East, parts of South America etc to impose their version of civility with a mix of puritanical Christianity thrown in.

Oh fucking please. Oh lordy.

We all know how imperialism works and how there is some kind of moral justification sold to those big Republican Christian donors, but fucking seriously, if you think that Christianity was a factor in the decision making of those who had the power, you're just plain wrong.

We all know how imperialism works and how there is some kind of moral justification sold to those big Republican Christian donors, but fucking seriously, if you think that Christianity was a factor in the decision making of those who had the power, you're just plain wrong.
Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

breivik was raised in order to show the futility of seeing acts of violence through the prism solely of a religion. Not as a crap vs match. You slade, are the one determined to make this a muslim crime.

No I'm not actually. I understand there are many factors in all of this..and I always, always pay close attention to the class angle.

Headlines from the Sun like "Dope smoking losers" that described 2 of the Paris assailants was quite disappointing and quite telling, though not surprising.

I wish I could deny you freedom of speech you boring bastard

Back
Top Bottom