Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

French magazine publishes controversial cartoons of Prophet Muhammad - many killed in revenge attack

Oh fucking please. Oh lordy.

We all know how imperialism works and how there is some kind of moral justification sold to those big Republican Christian donors, but fucking seriously, if you think that Christianity was a factor in the decision making of those who had the power, you're just plain wrong.

You are an ideological zealot. If you want to brush under the carpet Western imperialism which apparently has not influenced the actions of the Muslim world in your eyes, then fair enough. I will play your shitty game. If you want Christian terrorism, read about the Sabra and Shatilla massacres, Central African Republic as of recent, terrorism against abortion clinics, Northern Irish paras etc etc etc.

why?
and don't use the "nothing to hide" 'argument

Because the face is vital for communication. If we can see each other, it makes it a lot easier to get along.

The biggest reason why we have road rage, is because in vehicles people don't pick up vital communication from peoples faces, not to mention that peoples brains need reminding that they are dealing with other people.

Take a simple thing like walking down the street...when someone obstructs you...and you obstruct them, you then have to negotiate with them as to who is going to do what...you don't say anything...it's all sorted out with visual cues from each others faces.

I am not for banning headscarfs, but anything which obscures the face needs banning because it does build up resentment otherwise.

I'm sure than 99 times out of a hundred, there is a lovely human being under that burka. I almost bumped into such a person turning a corner, as I blurted out my "awfully sorry" - she blurted out in a perfect Lancashire accent "Oh I'm terribly sorry love!!!" - Which gave me a giggle because I wasn't expecting the "love"

Then there is the security aspect of it. You can't tell people not to be intimidated, but criminals will cover their faces and commit crimes.

LIl5Ld2.jpg

Sounds more like a nazi decree than a robust and workable law -

You are an ideological zealot. If you want to brush under the carpet Western imperialism which apparently has not influenced the actions of the Muslim world in your eyes, then fair enough. I will play your shitty game. If you want Christian terrorism, read about the Sabra and Shatilla massacres, Central African Republic as of recent, terrorism against abortion clinics, Northern Irish paras etc etc etc.

How am I brushing under the carpet Western imperialism? I haven't denied it exists even still today.

Furthermore, I've said a number of times that the West needs to pull out of Muslim countries.

Because the face is vital for communication. If we can see each other, it makes it a lot easier to get along.

The biggest reason why we have road rage, is because in vehicles people don't pick up vital communication from peoples faces, not to mention that peoples brains need reminding that they are dealing with other people.

Take a simple thing like walking down the street...when someone obstructs you...and you obstruct them, you then have to negotiate with them as to who is going to do what...you don't say anything...it's all sorted out with visual cues from each others faces.

I am not for banning headscarfs, but anything which obscures the face needs banning because it does build up resentment otherwise.

I'm sure than 99 times out of a hundred, there is a lovely human being under that burka. I almost bumped into such a person turning a corner, as I blurted out my "awfully sorry" - she blurted out in a perfect Lancashire accent "Oh I'm terribly sorry love!!!" - Which gave me a giggle because I wasn't expecting the "love"

Then there is the security aspect of it. You can't tell people not to be intimidated, but criminals will cover their faces and commit crimes.
so you want people to conform then?

why weren't you expecting "love" from a Lancastrian woman in a burka? that is your prejudice there, assuming they are not Lancastrians or english

so you want people to conform then?

why weren't you expecting "love" from a Lancastrian woman in a burka? that is your prejudice there, assuming they are not Lancastrians or english

You really don't understand where I'm coming from with this. Why would I assume that she is not from Lancashire or English?

and because it makes you feel uncomfortable people should conform to what you think is right

It makes MANY people uncomfortable. People like to see a face if they are going to emphasize with each other.

If my beef was with Islam, I would agree with the French law. I don't agree with the French law because it targets people's religious beliefs.

I'm not interested in alienating anyone of any religion, but I do believe that in public, people should be able to see each other's faces.

It makes MANY people uncomfortable. People like to see a face if they are going to emphasize with each other.

If my beef was with Islam, I would agree with the French law. I don't agree with the French law because it targets people's religious beliefs.

I'm not interested in alienating anyone of any religion, but I do believe that in public, people should be able to see each other's faces.
The cops too?

But you said people should show their faces in public? And surely it's even more important when the cops are dealing with the public?

The cops are usually showing their faces dealing with the public. You know why they cover their faces on certain operations, it's so they can't be identified in their civilian life for illegal / violent reprisals.

They would have had to have identified themselves to get onto private property, with there being uniformed police officers present.
What about all those charity runs? Have you seen Four Lions?
We should clearly ban fun runners, fancy dress party goers and trick or treaters, eh?

what like your mate down the pub?
the edl NF etc make many people feel uncomfortable, should they be banned?

YOU: " the face is vital for communication. If we can see each other, it makes it a lot easier to get along."

True. But as I said. In certain circumstances the cops have to cover their faces. Lets face it, in those circumstances, sadly they are going into situations where anyone with any common sense will tell you that things can't be resolved with a friendly chat.

What about all those charity runs? Have you seen Four Lions?
We should clearly ban fun runners, fancy dress party goers and trick or treaters, eh?

I don't think an 8 year old child wearing a slightly scary mask is a problem and any organised event with fun runners has more than enough cops looking after it.

Back
Top Bottom