Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Foundry to be turned into Luxury Flats and Art'otel...

"Disappointed, but not wholly unexpected"

This is the first thread we've ever conversed on!

Oh. My. :)

The only way to prevent this sort of thing is to force everyone to stay in the area they were born, ban fashion, abolish art, and shoot anyone with a haircut on sight.

Seems reasonable enough!

Can't do these things by halves, that's what I say......

Giles..

Seems reasonable enough!

Can't do these things by halves, that's what I say......

Giles..

:D

"Down with this sort of thing"

We will fight them in the letters pages of the Telegraph. We will fight them at community feedback meetings. And in the "have your say" pages of the BBC web site.

hi nixon love to hear yr opinion on dalston superstore if you have time to give it
i havent been but i did hear they have a selective admission policy(at least on w/e's)
so kinda think the place isnt for me(i dont want to support that type of policy by going) ..im also guessing its just djs on offer there not the kinda wide scope of events that the foundry has.
so i guess its not gonna be the "new foundry":p
even tho apprently the "superstore" looks similiar( like a squat tho isnt one)

I, for one, just objected to the proposal. The Foundry is unique in its neighborhood and I don't see how a freaking hotel will serve that bit of Shoreditch better.

The whole fuckin area is pants, lets gets admit this

Only if you is some complete Me-Jah twat would you love the area, Foundry held out for dafty-cunt for as long as it could...

Right

MOVE ON

STOP WHINGEING

Nuff said like

the foundry's long been a good example of what's wrong with shoreditch and hoxton. it's a place which has posed as a sort of countercultural venue while attracting a clientele generally composed of the type of people who are the advance guard of gentrification. having been there more times than i care to recall over the past 10 or so years because some groups have thought it a good place to hold meetings or drinks, i certainly won't mourn its closure. it's never been somewhere i would have gone by choice.
this ^^ though another even worse place is to replace it .. but hey that is the deal with gentrification

In light of the imminent closing we've planned a couple of last free events.

Vinyl Pleasures - Sat 3rd Oct

and for your diary the last Uglyfunk revolving floor rave on Sat 14th Nov.

Sounds like it'll be all over by early Jan but it looks like it might spring up somewhere else as a more sorted bar/arts centre, with proper license , so it's not all doom & gloom.

Looking forward to the Uglyfunk one.

<e2a> But my diary says I'll be at the Carter gig in Brixton. Ah well.

Sounds like it'll be all over by early Jan but it looks like it might spring up somewhere else as a more sorted bar/arts centre, with proper license , so it's not all doom & gloom.

fingers crossed they get somewhere we can make some noise :)

missed last night, will def make the 14/11 :)

i went to a foundry clone last night - CAMP (City Arts & Music Project), on city road, just south of the old street roundabout. it's not exactly finished yet, but it has the makings of a decent space to put the kind of nights the foundry does

i know of a couple of squats in the area, not heard of CAMP*, is it a legit venue?

*nice acronym but it does evoke an image of a row of pink tents...

I met my husband at the Foundry.

Well, we were both there and noticed each other then we got off with each other at a party later.

I will be sad to see it turned into bloody flats.

From the facebook Save the Foundry campaign:
Dear all,

The long awaited planning applications have come through.
This means that you now have until 20th November 2009 to give your feedback to the council.

Dear all,

The long awaited planning applications have come through.
This means that you now have until 20th November 2009 to give your feedback to the council.

Please find below links to both the applications

2009/2405
(planning application to build the hotel)

http://www.hackney.gov.uk/servapps/...les/Skins/hackney/Menus/PL.xml&DAURI=PLANNING

2009/2407
(planning application to demolish The Foundry)

http://www.hackney.gov.uk/servapps/...les/Skins/hackney/Menus/PL.xml&DAURI=PLANNING

Please send letters to:

Hackney Planning Services
Dorothy Hodgkin House
12 Reading Lane
London E8 1HJ

It is important that they know how people feel about these plans.
Please pass this on.

Thank you.

i don't think the council really care about the objections to the plans- they will get lots of money for getting rid of the place. fortunately there are whispers of a replacement location somewhere closer to pickmans :)

i don't think the council really care about the objections to the plans- they will get lots of money for getting rid of the place. fortunately there are whispers of a replacement location somewhere closer to pickmans :)

Good, that'll keep him busy. :)

Back
Top Bottom