Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Marble Arch is going to get a hill and it's going to be called The Mound

I saw a You Tube video tonight about it (Jago Hazzard) I actually thought it looked quite good for about two seconds till they showed the sides, the steps a d the appalling view. God the whole thing looked shit. Glad I watched it as I had half a mind to wander down next time I’m in town but know will save the shoe leather…

ETA - here is the video…

Surely 'Jago Hazzard' is just a silly name that someone would make up and pretend was an obscure jazz musician or something.

There's loads of abandoned railway lines like that round here (mid Cornwall), mainly to serve the old mines - also 1800s ish.

I reckon Disney could use the structure in its current state as a backdrop for one of the numerous Star Wars miniseries they're filming at the moment. It has a Galactic Emprire installation look about it...

_120351299_gettyimages-1234660075.jpg

We've got a real one of those in our garden . . . well, that basically, IS our garden

Not to be outdone by your mound, Montreal is gonna have a ring downtown to attract tourists. Difference is that it will be permanent.

(click on link to see the Ring)

"An architectural rendering of The Ring by Claude Cormier + Associés is shown in this undated handout photo. The giant steel ring weighing more than 23,000 kilograms will soon loom over downtown Montreal, all in the name of public art."

The Ring will be pieced together on site.

It will be heated to prevent ice buildup in the winter and will have vibration dampeners for strong winds and potential earthquakes.

A grand unveiling to the public is scheduled sometime in September.

It will cost 5 million CAD.

Not to be outdone by your mound, Montreal is gonna have a ring downtown to attract tourists. Difference is that it will be permanent.

(click on link to see the Ring)

"An architectural rendering of The Ring by Claude Cormier + Associés is shown in this undated handout photo. The giant steel ring weighing more than 23,000 kilograms will soon loom over downtown Montreal, all in the name of public art."

The Ring will be pieced together on site.

It will be heated to prevent ice buildup in the winter and will have vibration dampeners for strong winds and potential earthquakes.

A grand unveiling to the public is scheduled sometime in September.

It will cost 5 million CAD.
I quite like that.

Back
Top Bottom