Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former SWP members plan to sabotage Steve Hedley's TUSC campaign

It needs challenged both from the gender perspective and also from the underlying culture of "reps" who have little to do with the folk on the ground.

There's lots that could be picked apart in your post (the RMT being misogynist for starters; it exists in a patriarchy so isn't free of that kind of thing but women hating? I don't see that as being specific to unions over and above the rest of society) but decided to just pick at the end of this nugget.

Who do you think reps are? Because this really demonstrates your ignorance here. You could argue that point about the executive and regional organisers etc, but reps? Reps ARE the people on the ground. They are workers who are granted time away from their duties for Union work. But they still have day jobs so know as much as anyone else about the day to day issues on the shop floor.

so yer man's won decisively but has yet to unite the members behind him :facepalm:

facile. puerile. typical.

It might be a tad difficult for a simpleton such as yourself to understand but although he won a plurality of the vote he did not have an absolute majority - therefore 50%+ DIDN'T vote for him.

Last edited:
It might be a tad difficult for a simpleton such as yourself to understand but although he did not win a plurality of the vote not an absolute majority - therefore 50%+ DIDN'T vote for him.
perhaps you could link to the full results which i have not been able to find.

not 50%+ of members though, just 50% of those who voted.
Why did you refer specifically to the vote in the confused post people are replying to then?

It might be a tad difficult for a simpleton such as yourself to understand but although he did not win a plurality of the vote not an absolute majority - therefore 50%+ DIDN'T vote for him.

No union leader ever has been elected by more than 50% of the membership, not even St Jack Jones. So I'm afraid that's a rather pointless point.

No union leader ever has been elected by more than 50% of the membership, not even St Jack Jones. So I'm afraid that's a rather pointless point.
I made the simple point that a new leader has to set themselves the task of uniting the membership behind them - not a gobstoppingly original proposition no, but Pickmans the annoying pedant took exception to it for no good reason.

I made the simple point that a new leader has to set themselves the task of uniting the membership behind them - not a gobstoppingly original proposition no, but Pickmans the annoying pedant took exception to it for no good reason.
after every election the winner says they're going to unite the union / party / country behind them. see for example margaret thatcher's where there is discord bit. i am pleased to see you continuing your proud tradition of posting up banalities.

after every election the winner says they're going to unite the union / party / country behind them. see for example margaret thatcher's where there is discord bit. i am pleased to see you continuing your proud tradition of posting up banalities.
yes but not everyone succeeds in doing so -

Back
Top Bottom