Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Footballer Marcus Rashford fights for free school meals

It only needs him to be caught with a spliff for "RASHFORD DISGRACED IN DRUG SHAME" to start it all off down the road :(

But anyway bit of a digression sorry about that, best get back to topic on what a fucking superb job he's been doing :)

There's plenty of opportunity for a young man with shed-loads of money and too much time on his hands to get in to bother, which is why so many of them do, but Rashford seems very grounded, as seen by his campaign, he's not doing it for publicity, he's looked around and is genuinely grateful for what he's got, appreciates that most others with similar backgrounds never get the chance and wants to help. This is what them Tories twats don't get, altruism scares them.
It scares them, because they simply cannot comprehend it. And a lot of those younger Tory MPs have been brought up in an atmosphere (going back to the 1980s) where what matters the most is grabbing the biggest slice of the pie for yourself - altruism isn't a default part of a lot of people's early training any more. Which is not to excuse them - to become a Tory MP, they've had to proactively embrace and support the non-altruistic values which form the backbone of Tory ideology.

It scares them, because they simply cannot comprehend it. And a lot of those younger Tory MPs have been brought up in an atmosphere (going back to the 1980s) where what matters the most is grabbing the biggest slice of the pie for yourself - altruism isn't a default part of a lot of people's early training any more. Which is not to excuse them - to become a Tory MP, they've had to proactively embrace and support the non-altruistic values which form the backbone of Tory ideology.
Which is precisely why I left the Conservative party, many uears ago. There used to be an element of decency, but Thatcher stopped all that. There used to be a recognition that there was a need to return some of your good fortune to the less fortunate. But greed is good...😡

Do you really think local government is more corrupt than national?

Kind of, there's a lot of big public shit in big government but the general spods frequently don't have much impact on policy or direction and still get scrutiny. Local has all the nasty shit but not much accountability and much much less scrutiny, with many run as private fiefs by council leaders.

The only place you really get to hear of council corruption (and there's enough of it) is Private Eye. Not on the same scale as central government though really, particularly this lot.

I’m not sure there IS much dirt on Rashford. He’s 22 and he mostly hangs out with his Mum.

I think he came through the youth ranks at United, where they are very cosseted and watched so not much chance for youthful shennanigans either.

I reckon he’s about as close to squeaky clean as you can get.
They said that about Ryan Giggs.

So people should instead turn to the the even less representative, typically more corrupt, local democracy and those "democratic" local businesses and charities?
As a matter of interest, wshy do you think local govt is more bent than the Westminster shitshow?
especially given Cummings, Dido Harding, peerage for Johnson's brother, all those fat juicy contracts awarded without CCT, general shortfall of parliamentary scrutiny, Johnson doing his level best to avoid any parliamentary oversight, Serco...?

They said that about Ryan Giggs.

That’s true but Giggsy kept a low profile rather than behaving.

Rashford definitely isn’t doing that. He’s making waves. And if he doesn’t have anything to hide (and I don’t think he does) he’s in a fantastic position. The scum (Tory and press) can try as hard as they want but if there’s no muck to rake it’ll be fruitless.

That’s true but Giggsy kept a low profile rather than behaving.

Rashford definitely isn’t doing that. He’s making waves. And if he doesn’t have anything to hide (and I don’t think he does) he’s in a fantastic position. The scum (Tory and press) can try as hard as they want but if there’s no muck to rake it’ll be fruitless.
Agreed entrely. Rashford appears so squeaky-clean, he males gary Lineker look like George Best. Nevertheless, I do hope young Marcus is being extremely careful about his private life, family and friends, etc. It's only a matter of time befoe the tabloid vermin mount a major smear.

He's almost certain to have nicked a Mars bar when he was 11 or have an ex-friend who is prepared to say he did for a bung from the Scum. The only thing stopping them publishing something like this is whether they think it's worth it to have their papers boycotted in Manchester as well as Liverpool.

Wehey a key scumster joins the fray:

Matt Hancock has said the government does not need to extend free school meals beyond term times in England because local councils have been funded to support disadvantaged children instead.

However, this has been disputed by councils, with the leader of one Conservative-run local authority saying any extra support for coronavirus had already been spent, and it was providing the meals from existing budgets.

I've been wondering when they'd make this lie the excuse, it was the obvious one :mad:

If there are MPs who cannot afford to hire the full-time help they need in order to effectively do their jobs, then they should have access to funds specifically ear-marked for the purpose. Given the ridiculous shit that MPs have been shown applying expenses for, the rules are far too lax for those piss-takers.

Re Expenses, worth remembering that a lot of them employ family members as researchers/assistants. Even after the expenses furore a decade ago I think they still control the appointments. Should be appointed through normal civil service channels and they should keep their dirty little nepotistic hands off the process.

z6Luh9K.jpg

Back
Top Bottom