Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Football hooliganism is back in fashion

Like the English cities that are home to the flashy new grounds and the Club Superstores, the game itself has been gentrified out of all recognition. Riotous behaviour hasn’t been seen inside an Premiership stadium in years – and the odd skirmish you see on the streets around the old tinderbox classics are almost ironic excursions – campaign re-enactments by Granddads in £500 Stone Island jackets and 50 grand Beemers.

It’s because the market towns, industrial valleys and city estates that these kids hailed from have been denuded of their working class history. The culture that spawned the loveable rogue that was the English football hoolie is no more.

You see, of all the youth-oriented cults to ever find roots in the fertile earth of seventies England, the football hooligan was amongst the most misunderstood, even in the land that gave it birth. When English clubs began making it into Europe in the ‘old football’ halcyon of the late seventies and early eighties, those legendary away days were as much about representing your immediate neighbourhood, your identity as a working class male, as any kind of in-built hatred for the European other.

It was never about nation. It was never about race. It was about class and identity, standing your ground while dressing devilishly in the process. The context here was the brutal war on the working class of Britain. Back home the factories were closing. The foundries were being demolished. The pits were being flooded. In these communities where football thrived there was a well-thought-out demonisation of the working class male.

Communities of working class kids gathered together at the football, turned against themselves, spent all their wages on clothes and train tickets, as they ventured far and wide on a Saturday. ”You think we’re rubbish? Then I’m going to dress like a million dollars while confirming your prejudices for a laugh."

I gather abuse is hitting the news again :(
This was shown; just how shitty is that?
1672933977087.jpeg
I don't see this as a tribute and not quite sure what they are meant for to be fair and all from one company. Whatever they are doing, they appear to be capitalising on the disaster,
which to me, is really shitty.
1672934275708.png

View attachment 358401
I don't see this as a tribute and not quite sure what they are meant for to be fair and all from one company. Whatever they are doing, they appear to be capitalising on the disaster,
View attachment 358402

Hell of a way to ruin your life.

I View attachment 358401
View attachment 358402
I can guarantee you that if I saw someone wearing that I'd swing for them. What a despicable cunt.

Hell of a way to ruin your life.

"It [the T-shirt] was only supposed to be between friends. And until it went public I didn't realise how badly it affected people."

Ah, only between friends then, does that make it ok? Except, if you wear it in public, it's not just between friends.

"Because of my own actions, I have lost my home, my job, my friends, my family and relationship. And it's deserved - I don't think it's any less than I deserve."
Sorry because he was taken to task over it? twat.

To me that sits more with a lot of the stuff in the Alt-Right sort of threads than anything to do with football hooliganism tbh. It's that sort of toxic being a cunt for it's own sake that seems to drive a lot of those sorts of people. He'd probably have seen it as anti-woke or something along those lines.

To me that sits more with a lot of the stuff in the Alt-Right sort of threads than anything to do with football hooliganism tbh. It's that sort of toxic being a cunt for it's own sake that seems to drive a lot of those sorts of people. He'd probably have seen it as anti-woke or something along those lines.
It was used to help "illustrate" unsavoury chants within grounds on the news today.

View attachment 358401
View attachment 358402
Edit, my apologies, I replied to the wrong person.
Did I miss the nuance? I launch at this prick, on sight all 11stone of me.

View attachment 358401
View attachment 358402
Where's this from? Cos I just thought, isn't this one of those online shopping places where you can search for pretty much anything and it'll show you a selection of standard products with some sort of representation on them? The story about that twat that 8ball linked to is from 6 and a half years ago. So I'm wondering if some news site is stirring up shit for clicks.

Where's this from? Cos I just thought, isn't this one of those online shopping places where you can search for pretty much anything and it'll show you a selection of standard products with some sort of representation on them? The story about that twat that 8ball linked to is from 6 and a half years ago. So I'm wondering if some news site is stirring up shit for clicks.
this is from the new year and made local press

but lower league fighting has - i have heard - become very standard at certain clubs and the kind of thing that doesnt warrant getting in the papers

this is from the new year and made local press

but lower league fighting has - i have heard - become very standard at certain clubs and the kind of thing that doesnt warrant getting in the papers

It was on BBC news yesterday but I can't dig up anything recent on there.

Back
Top Bottom