Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Football hooliganism is back in fashion

Am watching one of the vids now and am like “Ooh! Big fight outside my office!”, and “I know that copper!”… :cool:

I remember my best friends brother being a football hooligan in about 1968.

Then I was a teenage football hooligan in the mid 70s. I was underage, had 9 fucking lives & the luck of the devil.

As far as I can see, it's increasingly driven by cheap, shitty coke. I went away to Birmingham with Luton, yesterday, and saw fans of both teams openly indulging before, during, and after - including in front of coppers in the stands.

There's nothing revolutionary or anti-establishment about men being violent to each other.
There kinda is. The defining feature of the state is its monopoly on violence; non-state violence is a direct challenge to that.

But I agree that fat old men in Stone Island fuelled by Stella and shitty pub dust bouncing up and down in front of each other (which is about 99% of what actually passes for hooliganism) for apolitical reasons is pretty pathetic.

It ain't cheap and it ain't shitty. Average purity is on the up and up and now stands close to 70%.

Bring back proper MDMA.
I must admit, I'm not really up on the pricing. But it does seem to me to much more affordable than it was when I was a lad. I'd assumed that's because it's still cut so heavily - back then it was single digit purity a lot of the time.

But a quick Google tells me you're right; my (lack of) cocaine knowledge is showing my age!

Though I still think - just from what I see - that coke is fueling a lot of the recent rise in football lairyness.

It ain't cheap and it ain't shitty. Average purity is on the up and up and now stands close to 70%.

Bring back proper MDMA.
Yep and darknet means it's easily available. 'Pub dust' might still be a thing but decent coke is easy to come by and buying by the oz brings the price down.

There's always been speed/coke around; I don't reckon it's caused anything, whatever its quality.

Yep and darknet means it's easily available. 'Pub dust' might still be a thing but decent coke is easy to come by and buying by the oz brings the price down.

There's always been speed/coke around; I don't reckon it's caused anything, whatever its quality.
It may have always been around, but it's suddenly exploded as a fairly mainstream football thing.

When I was a lad going to footie regularly any trouble was driven by alcohol.
I would hope that a punch up at a footie match helps to reduce the incidence of domestic violence but I doubt it :(

Back
Top Bottom