Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Football and coronavirus

Past ills like having one of the first black managers in the EPL, the holocaust mural and foundation , anti racism and anti semtism education classes? Have a go at the small minority of racist fans by all means but the club’s initiative deserves more than just some sarky and inaccurate comment from a poster with no track record in fighting racism and fascism in football apart from cut and pasting articles.

Looks like the top two in the Championship will go up, with no relegations from the PL. So 22 teams in the premier league next year, with five of them to be relegated. Gutted for Forest who were well on track to make the playoffs for the first time in ages.
You either have to finish season or void it all together. You can’t promote teams on likelihood of what might have happened! Leeds were just about to go into free fall like they do every year!

You either have to finish season or void it all together. You can’t promote teams on likelihood of what might have happened! Leeds were just about to go into free fall like they do every year!

I agree it's bullshit. But then anything that involved Leeds playing in the top flight would be an abomination unto jesus.

Just to get some perspective between the top two English leagues :
On-loan Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo, 30, earns £8,000 per goal and £9,000 for every win on top of his £180,000-a-week wages at Old Trafford.
Meanwhile leading Championship clubs are considering a plan to cap player wages at £6,000 a week because of the suspension of the football season.

I've a hunch that top tier football will be back in a couple of weeks.

They've obviously tested all the players (as some have isolated). We're almost at the 14 day self isolation period, so I have a funny feeling we will see football start again sooner rather than later behind closed doors

I've a hunch that top tier football will be back in a couple of weeks.

They've obviously tested all the players (as some have isolated). We're almost at the 14 day self isolation period, so I have a funny feeling we will see football start again sooner rather than later behind closed doors
Suspended until 30th April.

Once the full horror of the first epidemic wave is revealed and sinks in, there will probably be great pressure to start playing games behind closed doors for the sake of the morale of the nation. Whether that is actually workable is another matter.

some clubs are putting out archive videos outside any paywall - charlton had the full 1998 play off final on website and youtube yesterday, one of the fans online forums did a full 'real time' match day thread from 3pm (i was out at work so watched it yesterday evening)

:)

Back
Top Bottom