Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Football and coronavirus

The FA have announced that all leagues below the National League are voided because of coronavirus , here are a few casualties who were running away with their leagues

I read the article about non-league football below the National League being null and void for the 19/20 season and can understand why the small clubs are protesting. I didn't see a rationale for the decision for a cut off point at the National League North and South.

While I appreciate any kind of forecasting is very difficult at the moment, I would think that returning to the lowest tiers of football will be easier than the Premier League et al, simply because they have much lower crowds and rely on a far lower level of operational organisation for match days. Or am I missing something here?

It does seem very unfair, and the bit about the lower league clubs being financially unable to take legal action rings true.

:thumbs:
I think this is the bit you're referring to?

NHS TO USE MAN CITY'S ETIHAD STADIUM

Manchester City have signed over the use of the Etihad Stadium to the NHS to use it however they need in the ongoing fight against the coronavirus.

They’re the latest football club to make the gesture, and the offer stands for as long as the NHS need it.

The stadium will get its first use next week when the NHS will use the facilities to run training courses for staff involved on the front line of treating the pandemic.

Page taken down...i gather he was at a party attended by about 20 people...footballer. :eek:
The irony being he crashed a white Range Rover when (allegedly pissed) leaving a party hosted by Ross McCormack who Cardiff got rid of after a crash under the influence, driving a white Range Rover!

Theres a surprise.
I saw a report a few days ago to the effect that anyone on over £50,000 a week or some such ridiculous sum should be put on half pay, but paying none of his staff :(
There were many clubs struggling before all this happened.

They're gonna lose Kane at this rate
I think he would probably leave given the chance as the club is not well positioned to cope with this and he doesn’t seem overly enamoured with Mourinho.

Whether anybody will pay what Levy would demand is another question, and it’s difficult to know what will happen to the transfer market when all this settles down and what the public appetite for clubs chucking massive amounts of money around will be. There will be huge Pressure on the bigger clubs to help out smaller clubs I’d imagine in order to preserve the fabric of the game.

On April 3 there’s a meeting of the Chief Executives from the PL where it’s thought they will discuss temporarily reducing salaries for the playing staff. It looks like they would do it en bloc but any reduction would need to be approved by the PFA so we’ll see.

They will have to price in the possibility of future outbreaks to all their decisions in future which might well mean the era of massive spending is over. The owners will be looking for a reason to consolidate their assets, and this will give them the perfect excuse to dramatically cut costs, I’d imagine.

TV companies that have so far suspended payment to sports competition owners: Dazn, Canal Plus, Eurosport, NENT , Bein Sports. Bein and Dazn internationally are massive.

I read the article about non-league football below the National League being null and void for the 19/20 season and can understand why the small clubs are protesting. I didn't see a rationale for the decision for a cut off point at the National League North and South.

While I appreciate any kind of forecasting is very difficult at the moment, I would think that returning to the lowest tiers of football will be easier than the Premier League et al, simply because they have much lower crowds and rely on a far lower level of operational organisation for match days. Or am I missing something here?

It does seem very unfair, and the bit about the lower league clubs being financially unable to take legal action rings true.
i think close all leauges, announce the results based on points as they stand, but have no promotion or demotion.
cant see there being a full season after this one either tbh

i think close all leauges, announce the results based on points as they stand, but have no promotion or demotion.
cant see there being a full season after this one either tbh
UEFA are going to have to allow individual leagues to sort it out . I cant seea European wide solution and already Belgium have used the above approach. UEFA will be wanting to sort out the CL and Champions League qualifyers for next season.

UEFA are going to have to allow individual leagues to sort it out . I cant seea European wide solution and already Belgium have used the above approach. UEFA will be wanting to sort out the CL and Champions League qualifyers for next season.
they'll need to face the prospect of no Champs League next season sooner than later too

Back
Top Bottom