Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Football and coronavirus

Nottingham Forest are out of action for the remainder of the season.

e2a: No that hasn't happened at all, just the next three games cancelled due to the league being shut down. I blame the shoddy reporting at the Nottingham Post.

Just been reading that it was lobbying from the Players Union in Portugal that led to the top two leagues being postponed. The captains of all 36 teams called for the halt. Interesting that some league closures have been government led , others unilateral and this one, perhaps others player led.

as somebody else pointed out, the London Stadium is used for concerts, baseball or whatever in the Summer so not sure where we will play these matches after May.

Notice that this was not the government suspending the PL games, it was the FA. But I wonder if the PL's postponement will make the public realise covid-19 is a big deal. I still have 3 people in management positions in my office who are belittling staff anxiety and telling everyone it'll blow over in a couple of days.

Woking game is on tomorrow in the National League
for the moment. The League are meeting now to decide on a course of action. With every other major match postponed, lower leagues are likely to be getting a few extra fans along. Even Woking.

Can't see the NL being an outlier.

Wish I'd gone to that midweek game at Fraserburgh (the home team thumped Huntly 7-0). In hindsight looks like that'll be the last football for an indeterminate period. Likely well into autumn, in the most optimistic scenario.

Do you have a persistent cough?

Because it might be something else?

(Just got an email from Just Eat saying they might charge extra for delivery....THE WORLD HAS GONE TO FUCKING SHIT!)

Football on TV

FC Orenburg v Spartak Moscow
Russian Premier League
11:00
Russian Premier Liga YouTube
Zenit St Petersburg v FC Ural
Russian Premier League
13:30
Arsenal Tula v Rubin Kazan
Russian Premier League
16:00
FC Halifax Town v Ebbsfleet United
National League
17:20
BT Sport 1

There were some games from the Australian Leage on BT early morning and games from the Serbian league, the Israel league, Turkish, and Ukrainian on satellite channels /IPTV

Jürgen Klopp:
I've said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all. If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society - no contest. Really, it isn’t

To our rivals who are affected and those who later will become so, you're in our thoughts and prayers. The message to our fans: put your health first. Think about the vulnerable in our society. Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.

Back
Top Bottom