Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Football and coronavirus

How will Man City cope without their 12th man?

you live in the south, and chose to support a team from the north. You don’t go to the games, yet you feel validated about firing off cheap jibes for lack of attendance at football games, the cost of which is massively inflated. You’re not funny mate. Hopefully the season won’t be called off and they turn you over in a couple of weeks.

Disasterous for so many people, from pubs to chip shops, burger vans, hotels, whose work depends on match days. And If behind closed doors extends to non-league, the consequences could be dire (within the context of football). Not sure how many clubs, including my own, will survive the lack of revenue.

Disasterous for so many people, from pubs to chip shops, burger vans, hotels, whose work depends on match days. And If behind closed doors extends to non-league, the consequences could be dire (within the context of football). Not sure how many clubs, including my own, will survive the lack of revenue.
Luckily for the Bees every home game for the rest of the season is pretty much sold out, if games are played behind closed doors I’d be happy to forfeit a refund for my tickets if it was needed. Altho’ we’ve made some good money with some of the players we’ve sold last few years we’ve just built the new stadium.

I only pay a score a game.

But PLEASE Soccerball Gods let us in to watch the last ever game at Griffin Park in May.

Yup for the EPL and to some extent the Championship its the TV revenue that keeps them turning over outside of that it’s attendances that are clubs main revenue .

Mikel Arteta has got it :hmm:

Announced 45 minutes after the Premier League said all weekend games are going ahead.

So the manager has got it. So at least some of the players probably have it.

Who played us last weekend.

We have Wolves this week. No way Sullivan is doing anything about that.

Season done next week.

Try and get to a game if you can (and take all sensible precautions / aren’t in a vulnerable group) this weekend.

Who knows when next we’ll all have a chance to enjoy a normal football Saturday. Late 2021 I would have thought. This season likely to be abandoned and next may also end up being written off.

Mendy for City is quarantined, too.

No way the season can continue now, surely?

I've been expecting something like this to end it, yeah. I suppose I dont completely rule out them fudging something for this weekend but no longer than that, and I suspect not even that now.
The Premier League has released a statement:

“In light of Arsenal’s announcement tonight confirming that their first-team coach Mikel Arteta has tested positive for COVID-19, the Premier League will convene an emergency club meeting tomorrow morning regarding future fixtures.”

As it stands all Premier League matches are scheduled to go ahead as planned this weekend.

16m ago 22:42

I think UEFA will cancel the Europa and Champs league Tuesday , FA, EPL and Championship will follow suite .

I suspect leagues from top to bottom will be cancelling within the next few days.
Most already have.

Bundesliga - postponed the next matches
Serie A - postponed all indefinitely
Eredivisie - suspended for the next two match days
La Liga - suspended and monitoring the situation
MLS - suspended indefinitely
Portuguese leagues - suspended indefinitely
etc., etc.

I can't see how the football here isn't going to get suspended really soon now. Once several teams have players at least self-isolating they'll say they're at a disadvantage. Arteta and Hudson-Odoi at Chelsea already have it, a few other players self-isolating

I can't see how the football here isn't going to get suspended really soon now. Once several teams have players at least self-isolating they'll say they're at a disadvantage. Arteta and Hudson-Odoi at Chelsea already have it, a few other players self-isolating
Whole of Chelsea & Arsenal now it seems. Gonna be all over till after the (bound to be cancelled) international break.

Back
Top Bottom