Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Football and coronavirus

?? They’d move from mid table to all but guaranteed relegation.
They're top of the form table if you take results after Christmas. They reckon they can claw back the 4 points (3 realistically given goal difference) in the final six games.

According to the blogger The Price of Football
EFL rules appear to indicate a 12 point penalty for a club going into administration but there is a ‘force majeure’ clause for unusual circumstances which allows clubs to appeal. COVID-19 could be force majeure

Watching Charlton v Millwall. One of the games that I first look out for on the fixture list when it comes out. It would never be on a Friday night if crowds were involved.

I disagree with Friday night games in normal life and also in lockdown.

Disgraced Prime Minister Johnson says that by November the 1 metre social distancing rule could be scrapped

This sounds a bit premature to me. How can you have a covid secure stadium? Have 2m distances between fans?

I don't think 'Covid secure' exists outside of a very strict lockdown to be honest. Beyond that it's always going to be a case of degree of risk not a safe/not safe binary. There's going to be all sorts of factors to that - how prevalent the virus is in the general populace is probably the main one, then all the factors affecting risk of transmission in the stadium, then how any case that does arise is dealt with etc.

'Is is safe' is more of a case of personal feeling/attitude to risk IMO. If someone said 'no fucking way am I going near a football stadium' right now I'd totally understand. To me I don't think that means that in principle they couldn't be opened up at some point though.

This sounds a bit premature to me. How can you have a covid secure stadium? Have 2m distances between fans?

As far as I can tell Johnson does nothing but lie. He's a perfidious cunt. So just because he's said that doesn't mean it has to work.

For the first time since 1956, the Ballon d'Or will not be awarded to any player this year due to the break in football in 2020.

The whole Valencia first team squad has been put up for sale, with the exception of Soler & Gaya. Due to financial circumstances affected by COVID19 the President wants to do a squad remodel and has to sell his players in order to lower the wage bill to half.

:eek:

Meanwhile, in non-league, The FA have decreed that non-league must play behind closed doors until further notice. Needless to say the non-league world is up in arms. My view is strongly in favour of letting fans in - there can't be any greater risk of transmission than there is on a crowded beach, or pub garden.

Read all about it #LetFansIn campaign gathers pace as Non-League rallies for supporters to return

Meanwhile, in non-league, The FA have decreed that non-league must play behind closed doors until further notice. Needless to say the non-league world is up in arms. My view is strongly in favour of letting fans in - there can't be any greater risk of transmission than there is on a crowded beach, or pub garden.

Read all about it #LetFansIn campaign gathers pace as Non-League rallies for supporters to return
People at Penzance FC saying it's just not financially viable without fans. Just before this announcement, I watched a friendly against Marazion. Contact track and trace details taken at the gate, temperature taken electronically. Very easy to remain socially distant - crowd of 60 or 70, I'd guess. Ridiculous that you can sit inside a pub/restaurant but not stand outside and watch a football match.

Back
Top Bottom