Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Filth by name. . .

Fiona Hamilton says:

Thread just starting here. Already appalling:

To continue. For those who don't do Twitter.

Lowlights.

A former police officer who shared what are alleged to be “grossly offensive” messages in a WhatsApp group that included Wayne Couzens has told a court that his training failed to account for diversity and educate him in what words are offensive.

“It seems like almost every week there is a word that is offensive. How are you supposed to know what is offensive?” said Joel Borders, who had joked with other officers about raping and beating a colleague and using Tasers on people with Down’s syndrome, who he referred to as “downys”.

“There is nothing in the training that gives you a specific word that is offensive,” he said.

Borders, who said he had been described as “exemplary”

Giving evidence on Friday, Borders became increasingly irritated as he was questioned by legal counsel for the Crown Prosecution Service about one of his comments on the group, when he said: “I can’t wait to get on guns so I can shoot some cunt in the face!”

He compared this to when a teacher friend might joke about wanting to “strangle” a student, claiming that what he had said was “clearly a joke”.

“I don’t even know why this is here. I don’t know why you are questioning it. It’s ridiculous,” he said.

Borders also claimed that, when he posted another comment that referred to a female colleague, he didn’t believe she or others would be offended when he stated: “She will use me as an example. Lead me on then get me locked up when I rape and beat her! Sneaky bitch.”

he added: “I regret being in the group because of this, because of all the harm this has caused. It has got out of hand. You are trying to criminalise innocent police officers.”

“You have two really good police officers in there and they are probably going to lose their jobs just because you take exception to certain jokes,”

Records of the WhatsApp group also showed that Cobban referred to the London borough of Hounslow as a “fucking Somali shit hole”, to which Borders replied: “Feltham is worse! I went there the other week and I felt like a spot on a domino!”

The trial previously heard about a message in which Neville told others in the group of a recent shift when he had pinned down a 15-year-old girl, referring to it as a “struggle snuggle”. Prosecutors alleged this to be the acting out of a rape fantasy.

During the same exchange in August 2019, Cobban added that such an approach was “always useful” and that these were “good skills” for a police officer, the court heard.

The trial continues.

Knew a copper once, he'd be complaining that why couldn't he use words like "p***" anymore

He'd have nothing but contempt for minorities and even more contempt for himself

To continue. For those who don't do Twitter.

Lowlights.

A former police officer who shared what are alleged to be “grossly offensive” messages in a WhatsApp group that included Wayne Couzens has told a court that his training failed to account for diversity and educate him in what words are offensive.

“It seems like almost every week there is a word that is offensive. How are you supposed to know what is offensive?” said Joel Borders, who had joked with other officers about raping and beating a colleague and using Tasers on people with Down’s syndrome, who he referred to as “downys”.

“There is nothing in the training that gives you a specific word that is offensive,” he said.

Borders, who said he had been described as “exemplary”

Giving evidence on Friday, Borders became increasingly irritated as he was questioned by legal counsel for the Crown Prosecution Service about one of his comments on the group, when he said: “I can’t wait to get on guns so I can shoot some cunt in the face!”

He compared this to when a teacher friend might joke about wanting to “strangle” a student, claiming that what he had said was “clearly a joke”.

“I don’t even know why this is here. I don’t know why you are questioning it. It’s ridiculous,” he said.

Borders also claimed that, when he posted another comment that referred to a female colleague, he didn’t believe she or others would be offended when he stated: “She will use me as an example. Lead me on then get me locked up when I rape and beat her! Sneaky bitch.”

he added: “I regret being in the group because of this, because of all the harm this has caused. It has got out of hand. You are trying to criminalise innocent police officers.”

“You have two really good police officers in there and they are probably going to lose their jobs just because you take exception to certain jokes,”

Records of the WhatsApp group also showed that Cobban referred to the London borough of Hounslow as a “fucking Somali shit hole”, to which Borders replied: “Feltham is worse! I went there the other week and I felt like a spot on a domino!”

The trial previously heard about a message in which Neville told others in the group of a recent shift when he had pinned down a 15-year-old girl, referring to it as a “struggle snuggle”. Prosecutors alleged this to be the acting out of a rape fantasy.

During the same exchange in August 2019, Cobban added that such an approach was “always useful” and that these were “good skills” for a police officer, the court heard.

The trial continues.
People like that shouldn’t be allowed out in public let alone be cops

I'm torn on this. It might sound odd, because I am spitless with rage at these vile racist misogynist utterly unreconstructed bigots who should never get a job collecting supermarket trolleys let alone as police officers.
And yet and yet. This was on whatsapp. I'm the last person on earth to be any expert on social media, but afaiui, it's a closed, private group. In a way, it's analogous to a group of mates bantzing in a pub. It's tantamount to thought police, punishment for the wrong kind of bants.
God, how I hate that sort of bants.
But here we are on urban, fantasising about feeding penguins in the South Atlantic.

I really don't know - should we feed them police officers as well?

I'm torn on this. It might sound odd, because I am spitless with rage at these vile racist misogynist utterly unreconstructed bigots who should never get a job collecting supermarket trolleys let alone as police officers.
And yet and yet. This was on whatsapp. I'm the last person on earth to be any expert on social media, but afaiui, it's a closed, private group. In a way, it's analogous to a group of mates bantzing in a pub. It's tantamount to thought police, punishment for the wrong kind of bants.
But here we are on urban, fantasising about feeding penguins in the South Atlantic.

yes

Metropolitan Police strip-search five children every week without first arresting them, LBC reveals

45453047-9789251-image-m-46_1626294532658.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

"Data obtained by LBC shows 799 children aged between 10 and 17 were strip-searched whilst not in custody, from 2019 to 2021."

What a legacy.

"Nearly 60% of those strip-searches were targeted at Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) people, and about 3% targeted women. More troubling, the Met’s data shows that between 500 and 800 children are strip-searched every year in the capital, with 100 to 200 having “intimate parts” exposed in the process ..."

The question to the answer:

Why are strip-searches not a matter of public debate in the UK?

Does anyone know what the offence they are charged is with? If it is misconduct in a public office then it seems quite reasonable for this to be used as evidence.
It wasn't as if they were "bantzing" about football teams. They were discussing how they do their jobs and their approach towards the public they serve. With the powers the police hold it is particularly important they conduct themselves in a way which doesn't include a whole raft of the shite highlighted.

Does anyone know what the offence they are charged is with? If it is misconduct in a public office then it seems quite reasonable for this to be used as evidence.
It wasn't as if they were "bantzing" about football teams. They were discussing how they do their jobs and their approach towards the public they serve. With the powers the police hold it is particularly important they conduct themselves in a way which doesn't include a whole raft of the shite highlighted.
I am not excusing them! They are unfit to serve. But I was wondering if they might get off.

I believe they are charged under section 127 of the Communications Act 2003:
A person sending any public electronic communications network a message or other content that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character. A person causes any such message or content to be sent.

Defence barrister tried to get charges dismissed on grounds that the messages were private, so couldn't fall within the definition. Judge rejected the application.

More here, from The Independent:
Judge throws out attempt to dismiss charges against Met Police officers over Wayne Couzens WhatsApp group

I am not excusing them! They are unfit to serve. But I was wondering if they might get off.

I believe they are charged under section 127 of the Communications Act 2003:

Defence barrister tried to get charges dismissed on grounds that the messages were private, so couldn't fall within the definition. Judge rejected the application.

More here, from The Independent:
Judge throws out attempt to dismiss charges against Met Police officers over Wayne Couzens WhatsApp group
Thanks. Completely see your point about those charges being used in the circumstances. Looks to me as if the CPS have gone for a lower charge in the hope of a greater chance of conviction but if this is allowed to stand it would pretty much prohibit any potentially offensive private communications. First they came for the allegedly racist, sexist, bigoted police and then they came for...

The Independent Office for Police Conduct is investigating two more complaints about Metropolitan Police officers strip-searching children.

The latest pair are two 16-year-old boys who were searched in police stations in Ilford and Bethnal Green:

Metropolitan Police strip-searches of two 16-year-old boys to be investigated by Independent Office for Police Conduct

The person who was in charge of the Metropolitan Police when these strip-searches of children were taking place left a severance payment of £165,727.36 after "intense and protracted negotiations" with the London mayor’s office for policing after she had reportedly demanded £500,000.

It is not known what compensation, if any, has been received by any of the strip-searched children whose cases have come to light since she left.

Let's see how they do with the current crop of former people first

The Independent Office for Police Conduct is investigating two more complaints about Metropolitan Police officers strip-searching children.

The latest pair are two 16-year-old boys who were searched in police stations in Ilford and Bethnal Green:

Metropolitan Police strip-searches of two 16-year-old boys to be investigated by Independent Office for Police Conduct

The person who was in charge of the Metropolitan Police when these strip-searches of children were taking place left a severance payment of £165,727.36 after "intense and protracted negotiations" with the London mayor’s office for policing after she had reportedly demanded £500,000.

It is not known what compensation, if any, has been received by any of the strip-searched children whose cases have come to light since she left.
fucking catch yourself on and stop posting that appalling picture

The issue for me is the constant bombardment of pictures of the former commissioner suggest that the problem lies with an individual rather than with a wider organisational problem in the Met.

The lack of pictures of other chief constables from other police forces when their officers grace these pages is inconsistent and could lead to the conclusion that TD is being singled out for some reason, and that perhaps it is due to her gender or sexuality.

It would be much easier to cease posting the picture though, but I think the poster is doing it for shits and giggles now as they like the attention.

The issue for me is the constant bombardment of pictures of the former commissioner suggest that the problem lies with an individual rather than with a wider organisational problem in the Met.

The lack of pictures of other chief constables from other police forces when their officers grace these pages is inconsistent and could lead to the conclusion that TD is being singled out for some reason, and that perhaps it is due to her gender or sexuality.

It would be much easier to cease posting the picture though, but I think the poster is doing it for shits and giggles now as they like the attention.
It would be good if GarveyLives would engage occasionally so we could have the benefit of their views instead of just c+p. Not that I don't appreciate occasional c+p (except for the incessant Dick pics) but would like to have some sense of an actual human being.

And maybe an explanation for the incessant bombardment of Dickpickery.
We already know something about the awful deep seated problems with the Met. And we know it's hardly the only problematic police farce in the land.

This is the Late Donald Burgess ...

61073741-11081051-image-a-67_1659628029752.jpg

(Source: The family of the Late Donald Burgess)

... on 21 June 2022, police officers were called to the St Leonards-on-Sea care home in which Mr Burgess - then aged 93, suffering from dementia and whellchair-bound, having only one leg - lived, following reports that he was threatening staff with a knife.

After 'engaging' with Mr Burgess briefly, an officer pepper-sprayed him and then used his baton on him while a second officer tasered him. 93-year old Mr Burgess was then handcuffed and taken to hospital, where he remained until his death on 13 July 2022.

Sussex-Police-Blue-Logo-265x300.jpg

Sussex Police referred the incident to the Independent Office for Police Conduct after complaints about the excessive use of force against Mr Burgess by its officers. The two Sussex Police constables involved - who have not yet been publicly identified - have now been served with misconduct notices and letters advising them they are under criminal investigation for manslaughter.

Can’t do right for doing wrong poor fella
That's not it and you know it. Either post pictures of all heads of the various forces or don't. Don't just post pictures of Cressida, because doing so implies discrimination because of her gender or sexuality, either of which are pretty disgraceful reasons.

I suggest you go and read the whole thread to get a fuller understanding of why this is annoying people.

Sure

Violence against those 1) who live in care settings (and what a life that is), and/or those with a 2) cognitive disability (such as dementia, like the poor sod upthread) is frequent, and lethal violence (whether sudden or in the ‘death-making’ realities faced by such people.)

If you want to be an arse because I’m more preoccupied with the lived experience of those people than I am in going through a massive thread so as to ensure the feelings of clever (if a bit odd) types who obsess over The Zionist Entity and gleefully (and righteously!) joke about ‘retards’ thats up to you. It helps to make sense of why the left is so maddening hypocrisy and how the genocide of those in care settings gets so little attention.

Back
Top Bottom