Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Filth by name. . .

Confirmed - members of a “toxic” police squad who shared racist, sexist and homophobic messages, and bullied colleagues – leaving one suicidal – have been found guilty of gross misconduct. PC Mark Jordan-Gill, Inspector Nicholas Mantle and former officer Paul Perdrisat were found guilty of gross misconduct. PC Michael Lowther and PC Matthew Young admitted misconduct.
Dorset-police.jpg
Dorset Police officers who shared racist messages found guilty

A year ago tomorrow, police officers tasered a man on Chelsea Bridge, who then fell into the Thames and drowned:

Those same officers remain on duty and are accused of failing to assist in the inquiry into the death of Oladeji Omnishore. The officers have not been named.

Jurors at Worcester Crown Court have failed to reach a verdict in the trial of West Mercia Police officer, PC Michael Darbyshire who was accused of rape and five counts of sexual assault.

It was alleged that PC Michael Darbyshire had attacked his first victim following a date when he drunk drove to her home and stripped completely naked, having earlier groped her in the beer garden of the White Hart pub in Fernhill Heath in in November 2019. It was also alleged that he sexually assaulted another woman on 29 August 2019, after meeting her on dating site Match.com; the victim claimed he forcibly put her hands down her underwear 'while making grunting noises' after being invited to her home.

40974310-9406027-image-a-25_1616759726088.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

The prosecution said they would be seeking a retrial of PC Michael Darbyshire (above). This will take place on 28 February 2022, if it proceeds, although the trial judge, Judge James Burbidge QC, said he would do his utmost to bring that date forward if he could.

On 12 May 2023, PC Michael Darbyshire was sentenced to 14 years in prison at Worcester Crown Court following a two week retrial, at the conclusion of which, he was convicted of one count of rape and five counts of sexual assault. The offences took place between November 2018 and August 2019.

d8f5c780-f0e0-11ed-a3ea-f97604af3e01.jpg

(Source: West Mercia Police)

Small but important point here;

Ebikes

An ebike is otherwise known as an e-assist bike, you must pedal it and the motor assists you.

The things you see Deliveroo guys zooming around on, bikes with motors added, that go by pushing a button even if you don’t pedal, they are electric motorbikes, and as such need a licence, tax, insurance, running lights, helmet and everything else a petrol motorcycle needs.

The police and papers seem to not know the difference between the two.
It gets complicated ebikes to be legal are limited to 250w 15.5mph
you can have as powerful as ebike as you like as long as you ride it off road and ride it on land you have permission to be on OR register MOT insure it and treat it as a motorbike/moped.
I doubt the police van attempted to chase the lads on the ebike you wouldn't be able to catch it anyway and police vans aren't used to chase. But it would be enough to panic make them ride faster. But they were riding illegally on the road making a nuisance of themselves.
Dont buy your kids an illegal ebike
dont ride it on the road

It gets complicated ebikes to be legal are limited to 250w 15.5mph
you can have as powerful as ebike as you like as long as you ride it off road and ride it on land you have permission to be on OR register MOT insure it and treat it as a motorbike/moped.
I doubt the police van attempted to chase the lads on the ebike you wouldn't be able to catch it anyway and police vans aren't used to chase. But it would be enough to panic make them ride faster. But they were riding illegally on the road making a nuisance of themselves.
Dont buy your kids an illegal ebike
dont ride it on the road
The police have admitted following the bike.

they werent chasing it no blues and twos no speed.
what were they expected to do stop?
hand them an ice cream?
applaud them?

electric motorbikes might be fun but there are rules for a reason you hit something at 15.5mph wearing a helmet you look a tit.
you hit something at 30mph without a helmet you die.

they werent chasing it no blues and twos no speed.
what were they expected to do stop?
hand them an ice cream?
applaud them?

electric motorbikes might be fun but there are rules for a reason you hit something at 15.5mph wearing a helmet you look a tit.
you hit something at 30mph without a helmet you die.
Whatever word you chose to use - pursue/chase/follow I suggest you read the posts about the incident.

The police admitted following the bike, and the only reason they weren't closer was that the boys went through some bollards and the police van was trying to go round them to intercept at a later point on the route.

There has been a history of police in that area targeting these boys in particular.

because they were riding around on the roads on an illegal moped shock horror! police doing their job.
get this all the time "your targeting me, yes because you keep parking where your not supposed to be:rolleyes: its my job"
buying your child a powerful trail bike but no protective gear is stupid

How do you know they didn't buy them any kids. Kids being kids probably don't give a shit about such things. I know I didn't when I was a kid but then you love handing out parking tickets so you're no better than the rest of the twats that put on a uniform and go out there to play "The big I am"

because they were riding around on the roads on an illegal moped shock horror! police doing their job.
get this all the time "your targeting me, yes because you keep parking where your not supposed to be:rolleyes: its my job"
buying your child a powerful trail bike but no protective gear is stupid
If you want to start a thread extolling the virtues of the police, go right ahead. This is not the thread for it.

Blaming the kids is pretty low - we don't know whether or not they had protective gear - but we do know the police have not been transparent over their involvement in this incident. We also know there's been a referral to the IOPC.

so no helping people at crisis point anymore and intervening in suicide attempts

but they happy to help out landlords

anyone push for this with the police earn the label ACAB

:mad:

*shakes fist at sky

I've decided I don't work Fridays any more. I still expect to be paid the same amount, I'm just not going to do 20% of my job.

But if anyone goes on strike, I'll kick their fucking heads in.

sir Mark Rowley winning friends and influencing people again, although this time he might have a point. It's estimated that the Met officers spent 1 million hours waiting with people to be seen by a healthcare professional last year, after 999 is called. This meant that only 30% of 999 calls were crime related.

He's said that the Met will no longer be responding to mental health calls, that the NHS can no longer dump that part of its work on police.

Will more funding be allocated to mental health services to help with this, I wonder? (Don't worry, I know the answer to this).

somewhat mixed feelings about this.

i'm not convinced that a police officer (however well intentioned they might be as an individual) who's carrying a taser and baton and handcuffs and all the rest of it is generally the right person to attend a mental health crisis, as this can aggravate rather than calm the situation.

but yes, needs mental health services to function and be accessible which in turn needs adequate funding.

without the police intervention it would be waiting on a already pushed health emergency service to arrive
and even then if the need to section an individual they would have to then wait for a police response

had a family member who first contact with a mental health team was when she was taken to the crisis centre by the police

without the police intervention it would be waiting on a already pushed health emergency service to arrive
and even then if the need to section an individual they would have to then wait for a police response

had a family member who first contact with a mental health team was when she was taken to the crisis centre by the police
This is it. A lot of people in crisis don't want to go to anywhere. The police (and only the police) have the power (section 135/136) to take a person to a designated 'place of safety' in the area.

hmm

maybe i'm biased here, a friend had police respond to a mental health crisis he was having, and he ended up doing time for assaulting a police officer.

and there's a number of people who have ended up dead (the one who ended up jumping off chelsea bridge a few months back comes immediately to mind) following police response to a mental health situation. particularly if they happened to be black.

i'm not saying there shouldn't be a response, just that i'm far from convinced that the police either by training or by their nature are the right people to be the first response in a lot of cases.

ah not arguing that point myself Puddy...

just the stress the system is under having cops not responding or at least been present in some of these events will cause a lot wait for a team/ assistance to appear
and when they do they have limited power on how to proceed if taking someone against their will if it is required

if you get my meaning

A Bedford police officer's racist remark was recorded on a colleague's body-worn camera.

Former PC William MacKay at Bedfordshire Police made the remark at an incident in Luton on 11 June 2022.

Chief Constable Trevor Rodenhurst found it amounted to gross misconduct. He said "I have made it clear to both my workforce and our communities that we are an anti-racist force."

mm

maybe i'm biased here, a friend had police respond to a mental health crisis he was having, and he ended up doing time for assaulting a police officer.

and there's a number of people who have ended up dead (the one who ended up jumping off chelsea bridge a few months back comes immediately to mind) following police response to a mental health situation. particularly if they happened to be black.

i'm not saying there shouldn't be a response, just that i'm far from convinced that the police either by training or by their nature are the right people to be the first response in a lot of cases.
Have similar concerns about the extent of police involvement in this area.

The Met's new policy is based on one implemented in Hull.
How Humberside police’s pioneering policy on mental health calls paid off - The Guardian

Humberside has 2,050 odd officers and 150 PCSOs for a population of 1.14 million. The Met have 32,500 odd officers and 1260 PCSOs for a population of nearly 9 million. Plus it has national policing duties.

According to that article Humberside gave 12 months notice of their intentions. The Met have given four months notice. Inter-agency relationships in London are much more complex, thanks, amongst other things, to the greater number of organisations involved. To institute the changes Humberside have made will be a great deal more challenging.

And this is the fucking Met we are talking about. A force which has difficulty catching sexual predators in it's own ranks, even when they've helpfully been given the nickname 'the rapist'.

How do you know they didn't buy them any kids. Kids being kids probably don't give a shit about such things. I know I didn't when I was a kid but then you love handing out parking tickets so you're no better than the rest of the twats that put on a uniform and go out there to play "The big I am"
Oh noes did a nasty ceo give you a ticket?🤔.
Hint see the markings on the road and the sign saying you can’t park here.
THEN DONT PARK THERE!

Also emergency health services have no rights if the individual has capacity.

Back
Top Bottom