Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Faulty Towers to be rebooted?

Bingoman

It been reported in the last hour that John Clease will be working with his daughter Camila and new series and reboot of Faulty Towers?

Be interesting to see how the reboot would work as I cant see prunella Scales being in it because of health issues and some other main cast are dead

nope.gif

It could be quite fun with him being the totally out-of-touch character similar to The Major from the original series and his daughter being the savvy one running the place. But it's not, is it? It will be a bunch of poorly observed rightwing takes on modern life and awful caricatures, with, and I going to bet a fiver to the server fund an overly drawn-out skit regarding pronouns.

It been reported in the last hour that John Clease will be working with his daughter Camila and new series and reboot of Faulty Towers?

Be interesting to see how the reboot would work as I cant see prunella Scales being in it because of health issues and some other main cast are dead

Their bodies will be exhumed and they will be non-speaking characters

What a fucking awful idea. Especially since he is such a horrible cunt.
This, basically. Apart from the fact that the chances of a reboot of any all-time great series several decades later being anything other than utter shit and a stain on the original are always going to be extremely slim, I don’t want the 2023 vintage cuntbucket John Cleese is to spoil my enjoyment of the original series.

If he had any decisively dodgy views by then, at least he had the common decency to keep them to himself, and I am determined to continue enjoying rewatches of Fawlty Towers and separate his younger self from the twat he is nowadays.

Last edited:
This, basically. Apart from the fact that the chances of a reboot of any all-time great series several decades later being anything other than utter shit and a stain on the original are always going to be extremely slim, I don’t want the 2023 vintage cuntbucket John Cleese is to spoil my enjoyment of the original series.

If he had any decisively dodgy views by then, at least he had the common decency to keep them to himself, and I am determined to continue enjoying rewatches of Fawlty Towers and separate his younger self from the twat he is nowadays.
I dare say his views haven't changed, but the world has.

There’s been enough mental gymnastics spent already ignoring the fact that when he created Fawlty Towers he’d already abandoned Monty Python on bad terms and all the other group members thought he was a twat.

There’s been enough mental gymnastics spent already ignoring the fact that when he created Fawlty Towers he’d already abandoned Monty Python on bad terms and all the other group members thought he was a twat.
I'm just reading that section in Palin's Diary at the moment and I have to say Cleese comes across as a complete twat, even then.

Are there are reboots that have been anything but appalling? Dad's Army, Are you Being Served. I didn't see either but heard they were really bad.

There was a new carry On film some years back that I also wisely avoided

Are there are reboots that have been anything but appalling? Dad's Army, Are you Being Served. I didn't see either but heard they were really bad.

Battlestar Galactica, The Conners, whatever happened to the likely lads, Doctor Who, Dune, Solaris

Battlestar Galactica is about the only one that springs to mind for me, it was far superior than the original 1970's one which was basically a cheapo star wars rip off. Ironically one of the best characters in it was Tom Zalek played by Richard Hatch who played the original Apollo Adama by showing the acting range of a table from IKEA.

women being unreasonable loudly demanding that cleese be reasonable when he's already being perfectly reasonable

Back
Top Bottom